Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Nope. Oil in the icp. Means it's bad. They are only like $140.
To test this I can unplug the ICP? I thought I read that somewhere. Regardless i'm going to get a new one but wanted to confirm the test.

·
Administrator
8,115 Posts
Correct. Unplug it and the computer default to 2500ish psi. Then it will try to start.

·
Registered
104 Posts
so I also bought an IPR. Should I replace the IPR as well? Accidental purchase.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm having a no start issue as well. I have no smoke coming out of pipe and I have changed the ICP, IPR valve, PCM, IDM, CPS, and the fuel pump. The UVCH looks fine no chaffing or bad wires but I don't understand what else I can do. The only code I have is a P1283.(IPR high circuit) Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Try unplugging the ebp sensor.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
need help... 2002 f350 7.3 crank no start... oil level good... new cps from ford... good batteries... good ground... tried 3 different idms... checked all fuses... changed out glow plugs, oil change, new cps, ran for 2 weeks... now back to the same no start but will crank... no fire to injectors... what next? going out of our minds... tach will move with shot of starter fluid to make sure it moved.... so now what?

·
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!
18,821 Posts
need help... 2002 f350 7.3 crank no start... oil level good... new cps from ford... good batteries... good ground... tried 3 different idms... checked all fuses... changed out glow plugs, oil change, new cps, ran for 2 weeks... now back to the same no start but will crank... no fire to injectors... what next? going out of our minds... tach will move with shot of starter fluid to make sure it moved.... so now what?
welcome to the forum! you'd likely get more vies of you start a new thread ... but to start you off, do you have a monitor or scanner to check for (1) engine codes, and (2) engine parms like ICP psi values and IPR% values?

·
Registered
6 Posts
help my husband work on trucks he is a diesel mechanic by trade and has never had such a headache of a truck... i have learned more about the then i have ever needed to know... and thanks for the quick repsonse

·
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!
18,821 Posts
help my husband work on trucks he is a diesel mechanic by trade and has never had such a headache of a truck... i have learned more about the then i have ever needed to know... and thanks for the quick repsonse
sure thing happy to help! but i think you'll need the rest of the guys to see this in your own thread. go here & click on the 'New Thread' button (upper left part of page): 7.3L Power Stroke Technical Info - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

·
Registered
1 Posts
Maybe you could help me my 98 7.3 is doing my head in. Occasionally it will start and run and then just die like the key is turned off. Have tried swapping basically every sensor from another truck including idm and pcm. Purchased a AE scanner and it passes a buzz test and everything seems ok with ipr% and oil psi at injectors. When I run a koeo or koer (on the occasions it does start) it gets half way through the test and and the engine dies and scanner says unknown error same goes for koeo test. Have pulled injectors and shimmed poppets and replaced o rings. I will add that there is a enormous amount of blowby so assuming got a hole in piston or something but I don’t wanna rebuild the bastard until I can fix this problem!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts