Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Cummins Power
3,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How high is it from the base to the lower bolt holes?

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
Kevin, it is 4 and 3/4" from the block surface to the centerline of the lower bolt holes. Also it is 2 and 1/2 inches from the centerline of the rear pedestal mount holes to the flange surface. ;) Would you happen to have the same measurements for a standard H2e mount for comparison?

So the flange mount is taller and slightly forward of an H2e kit mounting flange. It should be close to 2 and 3/4" taller and 1/2" forward.

If you want any other measurements feel free to ask!

Dave

·
Cummins Power
3,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No those are what I was looking for. I'll look tomorrow at the H2E mount I have at the shop. Does it come with down pipe?

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
I bought the mount only kit Kevin, it comes with everything in my pictures, so no downpipe.

I think the turbo mounting location is very close to what you have now.

Dave

·
Cummins Power
3,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If that mount moves it toward the front of the engine you may have a problem with the down pipe hitting the head. If it's any more than 2 1/2" or 2 3/4" higher you will need a BFH to get it to fit.

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
I just went out and did some quickie measurements on my truck, I don't think I'll have to touch the firewall too much, if any. I do have an OBS though, so I can't say for the Super Duties, my Dad's truck isn't here for me to measure.

I have an idea for the dp, when I had the H2e kit I stuck it on my spare motor and mounted the S4 on one of the top studs and did some measuring and that is very close to where it will sit with the TN mount. ;)

Dave

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Are the mounting bolts between turbine and pedistal a PITA to get in? My setup is like that almost exactly except mine is fabricated instead of cast. I used a y off a obs for the up pipes. Anyway, the bolts were a sob to get to. I could not bolt turbo up and still get it in in one piece.

If they found a better way thank god!

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
On my setup the bottom nuts look easy, lots of room on the bottom to get a hand in there. The top shouldn't be too bad, upper driver's will be the
hardest.

I'm going to try to mount the turbine housing first and then slide the rest of the turbo on together. We shall see how it works.

Dave

·
HP Junky
4,927 Posts
That is how my GT42 has to go in. Mount the turbine housing and get the bolts tight. Then slide the center section and compressor on. This t-4 flanged charger is easier to get in and out than the stocker was. :D

·
HRT Performance
4,565 Posts
I am sure you know the sore ribs then.:mad:

I need a lift and then I'll just pull the cab for everything.

That is why I bought a topside creeper :D Got tired of laying accross my engine to work on it. Only downside is the weight bracket gets in the way when it is installed.

·
Banned
7,764 Posts
I just crawl around like a monkey standing on the engine as I work...

:D

·
Registered
5,464 Posts
i suppose you have hood pins now like all the ricers and retard mustangs?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts