Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Braaaaaaaaaaaap
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are these things still out there? I'm thinking about selling mine, is it worth anything? I don't come here much anymore, but I recall lots of drama about these turbo's.

I have one from the first in-house batch made. Forget what mileage it was put on (think low 150's) but it's been a couple years now and my truck has almost 180k on it. So it's been on for 25k +/- towing miles. Never had any problems with it and my only complaint is fuel mileage dropped across the board a few mpg with it's install.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Are these things still out there? I'm thinking about selling mine, is it worth anything? I don't come here much anymore, but I recall lots of drama about these turbo's.

I have one from the first in-house batch made. Forget what mileage it was put on (think low 150's) but it's been a couple years now and my truck has almost 180k on it. So it's been on for 25k +/- towing miles. Never had any problems with it and my only complaint is fuel mileage dropped across the board a few mpg with it's install.
i just put one on mine and I get 1 more mile to the gallon than I did with a stocker! i like mine alot! I bought mine from a guy on here

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
Mine is still alive on another truck.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I also just took mine off and sold it to my buddy it had 10K plus on it no problems.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I have 60k+ on mine... Tired of listening to it, but not about to buy another drop in turbo.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Mine is out there somewhere going strong...

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
turbonetics ball bearing

·
Edward Scissorhand WanaB
1,995 Posts

·
F250 Black Cloud Edition
690 Posts
Ive got a earlier than BB Turbonetics. Its a journal bearing charger. Over 50k on it. Messed with it the other day (knock on wood) theres no shaft play at all. Been a good charger for me. Prolly being held back by it a little. Not enough to justify spending another 2000 for a little more. Gonna throw some hybrids at it here in a few weeks. Dont know how it compares to the 38r noise wise. But it sure does sing.

·
High Plains Powerstroke
103 Posts
Mine treated me good. Better than I realized. Curosity got to me and got a 38R. I did get a good deal on the 38, but not enough to do over again. Should have bought injectors instead and waited to out grow it if I did.

·
Fat Kids Rule!
2,455 Posts
100k on my dads truck, its always pushed a little oil pass the seals since day one, but still going strong

·
Braaaaaaaaaaaap
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm talking to a guy on here about switching my turbo for one of his van turbos. He's got both the 1.0 & 1.15... which would be better for a tow rig that's gotta go back to DD status for awhile? Or am I being dumb and should keep what I've got?

·
Registered
48 Posts
mine is still on the X I sold and has over 45k and still going strong....should that charger have been condemned?

·
Strokin Down Under
121 Posts
Mine treated me good. Better than I realized. Curosity got to me and got a 38R. I did get a good deal on the 38, but not enough to do over again. Should have bought injectors instead and waited to out grow it if I did.
Mine has over 50K on it with a lot of towing, but I too get curious about another turbo, but I think I will do the injectors first and see how it goes? It does make some noise, but I like that!!

·
Braaaaaaaaaaaap
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
236K on the truck now... (almost 90k on the TN) It's still going.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts