Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TN BB Turbo with Ceramic coated 1.0 exhaust housing, 20,000 miles. Upgraded so this one is for sale cheap, make an offer.

·
Registered
142 Posts
How much do you want for it?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Will this bolt right onto the engine like factory or is there modifications that will have to be made? Will this work ok with stock internals, small hybrids, 4 inch exhaust, and tuning (this is all being put together now)?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is a drop in Turbo no mods needed. I ran it with 200cc hybrids and then with 235/100 hybrids, it works pretty well and is a great towing turbo.

·
Registered
16 Posts
If I am not pulling very often, would this be a decent upgrade, or is it a waste? My injectors are the 175 hybrids. I was considering a gt38r turbo, but this one seems less money. How do they compare?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The 38R is better overall, but the TN BB is a good turbo, I had no egt problems towing and it seems to be the same cleaning up my smoke as the 38R. New this turbo was 1800.00, the ceramic coating was 150.00.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There have been lots of failures, thats why they discontinued them the warranty costs were to high. The ones that made it past 10,000 or so tend to last. I personally no of two others with many more miles than this. To be honest thats the reason I am selling it so cheap as it it discontinued and has a bad rap for failures, but no this unit does not need rebuilt.

·
Registered
16 Posts
After thinking it over, I just don't think I could take the risk for that kind of money. I think I would be better off purchasing a 38r turbo instead. If the turbo fails, it could kill the whole engine

·
Registered
147 Posts
is it still for sale if so pm me bottom dollar price thanks

1 - 17 of 17 Posts