Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this subject has been beaten to death but I need to replace the tires on my truck. Currently I have Copper ATR 265/75-16 with approximately 30K on them. Don't ask me how but 3 out of the 4 tires became out of round. Hopefully it will end my saga of the vibration coming from the rear of my truck.

Should I replace them with the same or go with Nitto Terras or some other brand.

I don't off road. The off roading I do is driving on grass/dirt in the pits at the racetrack. I'm looking for a tire capable of towing and giving a good quiet ride. And of course be good in the snow/slush.

Also looking to set up to a 285.

Thanks

Billy T.
[email protected]

·
Registered
479 Posts
I like my Nitto Terras as well. I use mine for the same task that you need yours for and I couldn't ask them to perform any better.

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
I am partial to the General Grabber AT2's. 285/75-16's are 152.00 a tire.

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
I think 285's are totally the call (over your current size) no matter what brand you get.....I have used Dick Cepeks fun country II for a while now and really like them. Long wearing, balance up nice and if you sype them they are good for most winter driving and are better (I think) than BFG ATs type tires.

jrc

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
I have seen more than one set of coopers go out of round(broken belts). As for the NITTO i have heard mixed reviews from great wear to as bad as 15k and bald. Same goes for traction, some say very good for everyday driving and others say terrible on a wet road. Just some food for thought

·
Registered
479 Posts
I got about 30k or so out of my last set. I havnt had any problems with mine on dry or wet roads. They did very well in the snow this past winter, took it in a few places I didnt think the truck would go. As far as deep mud they suck, no doubt about that.

But for towing your car around in the pits, or driving through fields, you will be fine.

I run 285s as well.

·
7.3 stroked edition
169 Posts
My nittos have about 20k on them and there gettin down there but still a bit left yet. Great tire on road, quiet, looks great, decent wear, i have not been good about rotating them at all and even with the ttb, there flat across and not chopped up. Off road and in the colorado snow/wetness they pretty much suck.. Sounds like your not gonna do any offroading so i would reccomend them to you

Jared

·
Registered
125 Posts
How do your 315's fit? Do they rub?

My nittos have about 20k on them and there gettin down there but still a bit left yet. Great tire on road, quiet, looks great, decent wear, i have not been good about rotating them at all and even with the ttb, there flat across and not chopped up. Off road and in the colorado snow/wetness they pretty much suck.. Sounds like your not gonna do any offroading so i would reccomend them to you

Jared

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
You checked into toyo tires? i ran toyo open country ht's on my truck for 3 yrs with 25,000k on them and they probably got another 20k left on them..

·
7.3 stroked edition
169 Posts
How do your 315's fit? Do they rub?
I have 325s and i had to do the leveling kit to fit them and trim the bottom of the bumper only a little tho. they do not rub anywhere

Jared

·
Banned
333 Posts
toyo toyo toyo!!! i preach toyo all terrain tires, 50k warranty proper alignment and rotates 50k is easy. 10 ply rating, not an aggressive all terrain but also not a high way terrain type tire either. nitto makes a nice tire A/T tire but not my favorite tire either.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have 325s and i had to do the leveling kit to fit them and trim the bottom of the bumper only a little tho. they do not rub anywhere

Jared
Ha i read that wrong.. thought it said 315! Cause a 325 is a 33x12.50x18 right?

Well i have a leveling kit in the front and air bags in the back as well as my front bumper trimmed already. I have 285's now but i wanna get 315's in the future. Would they work with my stock wheels?

·
Registered
1,112 Posts

Well i have a leveling kit in the front and air bags in the back as well as my front bumper trimmed already. I have 285's now but i wanna get 315's in the future. Would they work with my stock wheels?

A few tire places I talked to wouldn't mount anything wider than a 285 on stock rims. I talked him into mounting my 295's that I didn't buy from him. I think 315's on the Alcoa's look awesome.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I have had good luck with Toyo A/T, I have ran several sets.

·
7.3 stroked edition
169 Posts

yes thats the size it measures out to.
315s on the stock wheels looks great i think they would work just fine. nitto has the 315/75 for $218 this is through the current 4wheel parts mag i have. it looks like you have enought room on your rig for it

1 - 20 of 31 Posts