Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

tires rubbing on leaf springs

22K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  Drap 
#1 ·
I just put on some 33.12.50 toyo mt's with 18" rims and they are rubbing on the leafs what are you guys doing to fix this, adapters? schwab already put on 1/4 inch spacers cause the right rear blew out my bag 5 minutes after i left.I figured someone has a fix for this.

#13 ·
Heck, even my set of old bias Buckshot Mudders on 16x7 factory steel wheels rub the leaf springs, but they are 37" tall. Old bias ply size R85-16, they are close to a 37x10.50-16. Good traction, but they have flat spots when you first start out, especially in the winter.

#15 ·
The bigger the tire size, the more off-set you need in your rims!! I can turn full lock w/ no problem.
I would also be :mad: if my wheels rubbed the springs.

#19 ·
Both spacers and off set wheels put stress on the axle joints. But would you want all of the weight of your truck on your spacers and 2 sets of lugs or on the wheel that fits tight up to the hub? When you buy all 4 spacers for the cost you would just be better off paying a little extra for new rims with the correct offset. Plus you could pick the wheel, plain steel or some killer aluminum ones depending on how much money you want to spend. Price them out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.