Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 Ford F350 4x4 Crew Cab XL this is the truck im looking at, what is the tallest tire i can run with no lift, and without rubbing issuses. Also without spacers.

the truck has 17in rims now.

thanks

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and what kind of chrome similartors can i get for this truck, the gray steel wheels just dont apeal to me

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
or would the tires stick out with just a 1/2 in spacer.

i just dont want to tires to stick out past the rear fenders

·
Beef
1,565 Posts
Your post leads me to believe you're buying another vehicle and maybe basing the purchase on the wheel/tire combo?

supposedly 35's but if it is a money issue, just buy the truck that isn't beat to $hit and is gonna be reliable. spend $ on rims/tires later after you save up for them. I worked a lot off extra jobs to pay cash for the lift and wheels/tires when I had my 02. I ran the factory tires, one exploded and ran a cheap used tire until i could save up, do it all, correctly the 1st time.

Only regret, not going 8" Icon w/ 37 or 38's vs the 6 supercraplift and 35's, but paid cash for everything. If i can't save up, then apparently i haven't sacrificed for it then i don't need it. No beer, no going out, no movies, no sodas, bs, etc.. Thats how i did it.

Anywho, factory 17's are narrow, 7" mayb 7.5" wide. so even then you wouldn't want to run a 12" wide tire w/o ruining the tread life.

good luck.

·
Beef
1,565 Posts
and what kind of chrome similartors can i get for this truck, the gray steel wheels just dont apeal to me
or you could hit the junk yards and get a set of chrome or aluminum factory 18's or 20's, cheaper than new bling.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i was actual steel wheels with like factory stumilators, when it needed tires i was getting black walls. So you wont have the break the tires down when you rotate them.

But i dont want a truck with 4.10 gears i wont ever pull that heavy, the 1 ton truck i was looking at was clean looking no dents or beat to crap. With the least miles it was stull under 80,000.

Most likely ill just buy another 3/4 ton truck.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
still havent brought a truck, so bump im still on teh fence

1 - 7 of 7 Posts