Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I'm prolly gonna raise my front end the expensive way here in awhile when I get around to it.
When I do I was thinkin about 19.5 wheels? and a little taller tire.
Whats everyone's thought's, and how much of an RPM decrease would I be seein with a taller tire?

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
How tall are we thinking of going? A 31" to a 33" won't make much diffrence. Remember though that you do have a 2wd so you might really need to look into that leveling kit in order to fit the taller rubber!

·
Peon
727 Posts
well I'm prolly gonna raise my front end the expensive way here in awhile when I get around to it.
When I do I was thinkin about 19.5 wheels? and a little taller tire.
Whats everyone's thought's, and how much of an RPM decrease would I be seein with a taller tire?
http://www.ricksontruck.com

They aren't cheap (or even just mildly expensive) but they seem to be a top-shelf product. No, I don't have Rickson wheels, but if a couple grand was dropped into my lap, I might just have to order a set.

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I'd like 19.5's so I can get commercial tires, I also really like the looks and I was kinda hoping for some milage increase. I want the tire a few inches taller to lower my RPM's at higher speeds

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
How tall are most commercial tires on the 19.5" rim? like I said you probley going to need a 4" increase to notice anything on your RPMs. I know going from a 31"-33" don't make much diffrence.

·
Oooo, White Lightning !
2,921 Posts
Ya I agree with Cat....Going from a 33 to a 35 did absolute didly.....Maybe....Maybe 50-100 RPM difference....

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
I know going from a 31" to a 36"+ will start to throw your speedo off.
Says your doing 55mph when your really going 70mph! :eek:

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think I've got like 32's on there right now? but I was wantin to go as tall as I could maybe 36?

·
Who is Obama?
1,779 Posts
I know going from a 31" to a 36"+ will start to throw your speedo off.
Says your doing 55mph when your really going 70mph! :eek:
lol its not that off :poke:. mine reads 5 mph slow from 32 to 37.

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
Never said that exactly, I know a few people have had major speedo problems with a tire size upgrade. I was just using that for a reference.

·
Who is Obama?
1,779 Posts
Never said that exactly, I know a few people have had major speedo problems with a tire size upgrade. I was just using that for a reference.
I know I know Im just giving you a hard time. :gayfight:

·
Oooo, White Lightning !
2,921 Posts
Im running 315's and my speedo is only out but 3km/h So who cares really

·
DILLIGAFF
5,946 Posts
Just find the Number on the side of your tire and plug it into the calculator on this site, it will give you the inches. I wouldn't go anything bigger than 33" because the is a point where your mileage will go down the larger the tire you go.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts