Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Think they're the most bad-a$$ person ever, just because they listen to rap.

Went out this weekend, after hearing about a Local AR Parts supplier, to consider starting a build and look at the parts the guy had. The guy turned out to be a dick, but this is not the interesting part of the story...

As I and my roommate/friend were on the way there, we met an interesting individual.

I live in roseville, (just NE of Sacramento), and the AR parts guy runs his business in Elk Grove, south of Sac. So, on the way to this meeting, we traveled somewhat through Downtown Sacramento. Sacramento has it's share of rough areas and gang type violence, and the way to get to elk grove goes right through some of the more concentrated of these.

The person we met, however, was not a gang member. he was driving a POS late 80's Honda civic, with a stereo that would fetch more than the car, and fake spinners. You know who I'm talking about.

As we drove down the Capitol city freeway, I pull into the fast lane with room to spare, and pass the car that was holding me up. In the five or so seconds it took me to do this, all of a sudden POS Honda is on my ass. (I was at about 75...) I give him the brake tap, and he just about s**ts a brick. I continue, pass the car, and move back into the middle lane.

Apparently in his mind, it was now "On". he moves up next to me, flips me off (which he got immediately in return), and starts showing the two fingers and a thumb "I's gots a gun" symbol. I could only laugh, as did my passenger.

This, of course, made him furious. (probably didn't help that his female passenger was screaming her head off at him). He proceeded to pull out a ~3" pocket knife. We laughed even harder.

His girlfriend pointed towards the next exit, and he flipped the bird one more time, and was off, veering across traffic to make it.

Little did he know, the second destination of the day was the shooting range...
there were 4 rifles, a shotgun and three handguns in the car.
Because of where we were driving, loaded magazines were within reach (although in a manner which follows local laws ;) ) for two of the pistols.

I'm still wondering if he has any idea how lucky he was for us staying calm and not taking his threats seriously...

Edit: Not saying everyone that listens to rap has this disease, but everyone that has this disease seems to listen to rap...

·
BRING DA AMBALAMPS
1,952 Posts
Apparently in his mind, it was now "On". he moves up next to me, flips me off (which he got immediately in return), and starts showing the two fingers and a thumb "I's gots a gun" symbol. I could only laugh, as did my passenger.
you should have grabbed the wheel with your knee and picked up both pistols and flashed the real thing back at him. ida like to have seen what he would have done with that 3" pig sticker then....

·
OBS Addict
1,350 Posts
that those kinda people are the reason i wont live in big cities. those kinda idiots are out there, and there are alot of them. not much you can do about them anymore other than vent

·
Dairy Mechanic
2,198 Posts
"That's not gun............That's A GUN"!!!!!!!! :hehe:

·
Early bird gets the worm
538 Posts
Yep, it gets on my nerves also. I also ran into one of those guys that got furious when I brake checked him... he proceeded to pull up next to me and pulled out a knife and waived it around a little bit... I proceeded to pull out my .40 from my shoulder holster and just calmy laid it on the dash. I'll be damned if the guy didnt damn near #### his pants and take the next exit, never to be seen again. The look on the guys face was priceless.

·
Registered
14,569 Posts
Just so you can arm yourself with knowledge and stay on the safe side of the law....

What is a Deadly Weapon?
California law defines a deadly weapon as anything that has the potential to cause death if used in a violent manner. This means that your fist and even your car could be considered a deadly weapon, depending on how it is used.

Brandishing a Deadly Weapon – Laws & Penalties
If you draw or show a deadly weapon (other than a firearm) in an angry or rude manner, or during a fight, you may be charged with this misdemeanor. Brandishing a deadly weapon, other than a firearm carries a sentence of at least 30 days in jail and up to one year in jail.

Ref: CA Brandishing a Deadly Weapon laws (California Penal Code Section 417)

Brandishing a Firearm – Laws & Penalties
If you draw or show a firearm, loaded or unloaded, in an angry or threatening manner or during a fight, you may be charged with this offense that is typically classified as a misdemeanor.

If the offense took place on public property and the firearm is a pistol or some other firearm easily concealed, you will serve a minimum of 3 months in jail and up to one year. However, if not committed in a public place, you face 30 days to one year in jail.

Ref: CA Brandishing a Firearm California Laws - Penal Code Section 417

Additional California Gun Charges – Laws and Penalties
If you brandish a firearm in a threatening manner while in a vehicle, you could be facing felony charges and a potential sentence of 16 months to 3 years in prison.

Most other weapons offenses in the state of California are felonies. In particular, if you are found to be in commission of another crime and are also in possession of a firearm, your sentence will be exacerbated.

Your sentence in these felony weapons charges depends on several things including:

What the weapon was
How it was used
Your criminal history
If the weapon was concealed
A judge will take all of the specifics of your case into consideration when determining a sentence.

For example, felony assault with a deadly weapon carries a potential sentence of 2-4 years in prison. If that firearm is semi-automatic the sentence is increased to 3-6 years in prison. Where within the sentencing range the judge decides to sentence you depends on the circumstances of your offense and any criminal history.

·
Gandy Dancer
5,972 Posts
I have had jerks of all types screw with me on the highway.

If I were to take a guess on their musical preference, they would have run the gamut from C&W...to Rap....to Pop.....to Punk....to Heavy Metal....to......... :shrug:

Azzholes come from all musical backgrounds and.............all colors.

·
<<< Power
3,456 Posts

If I were to take a guess on their musical preference, they would have run the gamut from C&W...to Rap....to Pop.....to Punk....to Heavy Metal....to......... :shrug:

Blah blah blah... :poke:

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
13,954 Posts
I'm convinced that I'm gonna get in a fight on the side of the road eventually. That kinda crap pisses me off to no end. I've pulled over a couple of times already but they didn't follow. People tend to think they are somehow invincible when they're driving.

·
Banning Smut
19,093 Posts
I'm convinced that I'm gonna get in a fight on the side of the road eventually. That kinda crap pisses me off to no end. I've pulled over a couple of times already but they didn't follow. People tend to think they are somehow invincible when they're driving.

You'd get rolled up like a cheap sleeping bag.....

:poke:

·
Gandy Dancer
5,972 Posts
What is it and what channel?

On Edit: Never mind, I found it. It might be a little too mellow as a steady diet though. I lean more toward the faster beat songs from the Stones, Pretenders, Fleetwood Mac, Heart, Billy Idol, Huey Lewis, Led Zeppelin, Prince, Etc.

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
13,954 Posts

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

I've had all types do stuff like this, but 9/10 times it's the rap guys, and they seem to go further with it. Most country or rock people will just flip you off...
Hell, I'll turn on rap every once in a while, but I don't think I'm Chuck Liddell when I do...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts