Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2000 f250 4x4 with bds 8" lift(all springs) with 20x10.5 wheels and 38x15.5x20 mtz. i have had lift for about 2 years and it rode great to started with and now it rides rough. can feel every bumper and hole in road. want to smooth it back up. what do i need to do. dont think springs are wore out. thought bout upgrading shocks. thanks in advance guys. here is a pic:

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Looks like you have the standard white body shocks. You could try switching to thier premium silver body shock. If that does not improve the ride next would be to replace the springs. BDS does have a lifetime warranty or you could switch to a Deaver/Icon spring.

·
Lost Cause
896 Posts
Either go to a single shock in front, or have the duals valved so that they dampen at same rate as a single.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
is one shock smoother than duals? i didnt know that. thanks i will look in to that.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Single Bilsteins..PM me with the installed length with the truck on the ground..required for proper fitment.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dont know much about shocks but how does one ride smoother than two. (maybe be stupid question but just wondering) thanks for the replys.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Its probably a leaf spring problem. Once the leafs collapse and start riding on each other the spring rate goes way, way up, especially for small bumps.

Shocks usually get weaker as they get older, generally meaning a better ride, not a worse ride. Until they get so bad you don't have any control.

·
Who is Obama?
1,779 Posts
dont know much about shocks but how does one ride smoother than two. (maybe be stupid question but just wondering) thanks for the replys.
because if they are two shocks valved to be used as a single, the compression and rebound are going to be too stiff. If the are valved to be used as duals they will both be softer, but since they are to be used together they will get the job done the same. Just picture having dual springs...same idea...

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Have you had those tires on those rims that whole time? Rims are a bit narrow for those 15.5. Don't get me wrong they LOOK awesome but will tend to not ride as smooth and be a bit squirmy on that narrow of a rim.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the info on shocks and springs. and yes i have had these wheels the whole time. got a good deal on them. i am looking for some 20x12. thanks again

·
Registered
536 Posts
I know my truck is a coil sprung truck so its different but it rides as smooth as stock. I have bilstein 5100 and they rock. not to pricey either, it think i paid around $370 for all four.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
do you have single shocks on your truck. thinking of going to single bilstiens up front and bilstiens in rear. thanks

·
Registered
536 Posts
yup singles 5100 series

1 - 14 of 14 Posts