Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put some 325/65r18 on my truck.
Factory wheels, no leveling kit.
the left front tire sticks out 2" further than the rest.
Why? It drives me nuts, so nuts that if It's not an easy fix these tires will come off and go back to factory.
Options please.

I know if I put level kit on it, I can get the kit with trac bar relocator kit if that'll fix the problem.

Thanks.

·
Registered
753 Posts
90% of 4 wheel drive vehicals the front axel is wider then the back....

·
Registered
575 Posts
hell if you think you have it bad, look at how ugly some of the new chevrolets can get when the owner puts on aftermarket wheels and doesnt compensate in the back for it.

·
Registered
14,569 Posts
I put some 325/65r18 on my truck.
Factory wheels, no leveling kit.
the left front tire sticks out 2" further than the rest.
Why? It drives me nuts, so nuts that if It's not an easy fix these tires will come off and go back to factory.
Options please.

I know if I put level kit on it, I can get the kit with trac bar relocator kit if that'll fix the problem.

Thanks.
It it's just one side... You might have an issue. Especially if it's really 2"...

·
Registered
95 Posts
I had the same problem with my 07.My drivers side tire stuck out a full inch after I put my aftermarket wheels and tires on.Ford said that it was within specs and wouldn't do anything about it.

I couldn't stand to look at my truck...It drove me crazy.I ended up paying out of pocket to have my cab moved over towords the drivers side to cover more of the tire.It's dead center now.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tires coming off this week and will be for sale.
Truck is also going on market this week.

I just started another new company so I need a new tax write off.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i try to average a new one every 6 months.. you've known me long enough to know that haha.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Can you take a close up pic of the offset of the front wheels, I never noticed that before on my 06. Were they the same way?

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'll get a pic tomorrow. It's NOT both front wheels, only one.

Yes, on average every six months.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Or he buys them used and sells them for more than he bought them for...

·
King Dingaling
9,386 Posts
ummm...if it's only the driver side,...that means your axle isn't centered under your truck,..and the only way to fix it is an adjustable trac bar...

leveling kits are the cheapest way to lift a truck just a little...the down fall is that it throws off the axle being centered.

but with yours being stock...I don't think anyone makes an adjustable trac bar for you...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts