Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am In need of a new set of shoes pretty soon. I bought the truck with 285/70-17s on it already. How much would the MPG suffer by going to 35's with a 2" leveling kit? I don't tow heavy. Mostly a boat or a travel trailer. I do put a quite a few miles on it though.

·
Registered
130 Posts
A mud tire will drop more than an a/t. The width and weight are also factors. You are bringing up the front a total of 3" with the lift and tire so that will affect mpg's negatively.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
i went from 265s and no lift to 285s and a 2 1/2" level and it dropped my hwy mpg at least 2mpg. i drove the same stretch of 300 miles with the small tire set up many times and always got right at 20 mpg, when i switched to the 285s it dropped to around 18 mpg and it stayed like that till i sold the truck. Also i would like to say that my 265s were a all terrain but not as aggressive as the 285 bfg all teerain.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
and yes i did compensate for my speedo and trip being off. and it was all hand calc. and filled to the brim. for those of you wandering if i used the mpg meter in the truck or not

·
Registered
702 Posts
I am curious on this too because right now I have 265's and 4.10s with a zf5. and cruising at 65-70 it is turning 2000-2500 rpms....The way I figure it is that 285s would lower that rpm making it more efficient and actually wind out all the gears more.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Your going to lose , but not that much! If you want a certain look and performance than you have to give alittle on the mpg.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.