Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm in the market for some new tires for my 06 fx4. Currently have 275/70 18 coopers on stock wheels. My plan is to level the front & either go with cooper xlts or falken wildpeaks. Either with the 275/70 or step up to 285/75. I pull a 10k 5th wheel several times a year but that's about it. Truck has factory 3.73 & I don't want to take a huge mpg hit. When reading it seems like some say it's significant others say it isn't. If anyone has any direct experience I'd love to hear. Some how I posted this in the library so I reposted here. Thanks

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I swapped over from 275/70 to 285/75 in 18s about 8 months ago. There is a definite change in performance, requiring just a little more throttle and a little bit higher EGT (especially when towing). However, once I got used to it, it was no big deal and I learned to compensate. As for mileage, without a load it has not changed a bit. With a load, I get maybe 1 MPG less than before. I LOVE the look with that size tire and wheel, and the additional bump in height is nice as well.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ended up just going back with 275/70. For the extra money & power hit figured I'd just stay. Went with cooper at3 xlt's so they'll at least look beefier. Should be here tomorrow or Thursday.

·
The Muscle Hamster
233 Posts
For what it’s worth, I’ve been running a ReadyLift Leveling kit for 210k miles & Ive had absolutely no problems with suspension. I’ve run 35s, 37s, and finally settled on a size that has a measured diameter of 36” inflated on stock wheels. I pull a 5th wheel, tractors and an occasional dump trailer. I don’t know about their other products but I highly recommend the readyLift leveling kit with extended shock brackets.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts