Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i hate the super shiny tire cleaners. i wish i could find the matte finish or the teflon stuff they made a few years back. i just want a spray on cleaner that doesnt the tires look "wet"

any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
use degreaser, or white wall cleaner at autozone

·
40 lug nuts
3,433 Posts
See if you can find EZ Shine. Its made by the same company that makes EZ Detailer and is my favorite tire shine. It doesn't fling off and leaves the tires nice and black without looking too wet.

·
GOLDILOXFX4
163 Posts
westleys bleche white works really well for blackening the tire and prepping it for tire shine or semi shine coats..gets all the brake dust, road grime and whatever else you may have goin on on your tires..it also desolves soot really well if you have soot stains on your tip or your wheels or whatever..al around cleaner

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
will bleche white do anything to black rims? i used it on the factory ones but didnt want to chance it with the new rims

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
dont know i used degreaser on polished wheels before aftermarket ones didnt hurt them none, i cant remember about the bleach white. it cant be as strong as degreaser theough

·
Registered
487 Posts
yeah youll be fine, is far as the tire dressing, spray it on a rag and whipe it on. takes a little practice but you can get what i think your goin for.

·
GOLDILOXFX4
163 Posts
will bleche white do anything to black rims? i used it on the factory ones but didnt want to chance it with the new rims
if theyre a gloss black rim then brake dust and all that should come off by pressure washing and wiping..use regular paint wax of your choice (i like to use meguiars nxt generation tech wax) to bring a gloss back in em. but in the answer, no i dont believe bleche white is going to hurt them any considering it IS a tire cleaner that IS right next to and wrapped around wheels, so i would imagine that they thought of over spray and damage to rims lol ive never had any trouble

·
GOLDILOXFX4
163 Posts
and always put tire shine on first after washing and the tires are dry..if you do this first, you get to clean runs or overspray off of rims and detail the rest of the truck while the shine gets a chance to set in and avoid throw off onto the fenders

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
ADAMS super V.R.T is very good! give a great matte black look with a little shine! doesnt fling off

·
No 6.0
625 Posts
Look into Meguiar's Hyper Dressing. It's designed to be watered down to whatever amount of shine you like.

·
Drive it like ya stole it
186 Posts
Armor All works really well. Cleans, protects, doesn't look wet at all.

·
GOLDILOXFX4
163 Posts
U know a lot of truckers used to take a rag and some tranny fluid and wipe their tires down..
Had a semi gloss like shine to it and lasted for quite a while.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Armor All works really well. Cleans, protects, doesn't look wet at all.
ArmorAll will dry out your tires terribly. Do not use this.

Try Chemical Guys VRT or something from Optimum. Quality products.

ADAMS super V.R.T is very good! give a great matte black look with a little shine! doesnt fling off
You are obsessed with Adams :poke:

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Hate that tire crap... paid 30 bucks to get my truck washed and cleaned today, meant to tell them not to use that crap but forgot.

Flings up all over the side of the truck. Ended up having to wax it when I got back to the trailer.

·
owner/president
2,768 Posts

·
Drive it like ya stole it
186 Posts
ArmorAll will dry out your tires terribly. Do not use this.
Huh, good to know! Only used it a few times, live on a dirt road so I don't usually worry about what my tires look like LOL

1 - 20 of 27 Posts