Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I need new tires. Buddy works for a tire manufacturer. He gets huge discount from Tire Rack.

He buys them. I pay him. Tires arrive. I have to get them mounted and balanced.

Any of you been down this road? Did the shop doing the work welcome you with open arms to mount/balance the tires?

Thanks.

·
Native Texan
9,024 Posts
So I need new tires. Buddy works for a tire manufacturer. He gets huge discount from Tire Rack.

He buys them. I pay him. Tires arrive. I have to get them mounted and balanced.

Any of you been down this road? Did the shop doing the work welcome you with open arms to mount/balance the tires?

Thanks.
We will mount and balance anything u bring in most shops will. but there's no warranty or road hazard.

Give it to Mikey. He won't eat it he hates everything. Hey Mikey!! He Likes It.

·
Native Texan
9,024 Posts
also check the date codes on tires we had a guy bring some brand new ten year old tire to be mounted. he got them on line not sure where though. the date code is a 4 digit number stamped into the tire should read 4918 which the first 2 digits is week of the year they were built second is the year so that code is 49th week of 2018.

Give it to Mikey. He won't eat it he hates everything. Hey Mikey!! He Likes It.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have done it a few times, last time my local independant tire shop was able to price match (including freight) Tire Rack has a feature to ship to a local chop so you just go get them mounted.

·
Administrator
8,184 Posts
i buy direct from the warehouse, and no one has ever been able to match the price i pay.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts