Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking for some 37 13.5 20 or 38 14.5 20 and i havnt found anything used yet so im looking at new, any opinions? I like terra grapplers but i heard they wear fast on diesels? i also like mickey thompson atz and toyo mt, i dont wanna spend a fortune but i also dont wanna buy crap tires and for 37s there gunna be a lottt

thanks guys
'
cory

·
"Miss me yet" George Bush
317 Posts
I have had BFG AT's, Nitto Terra's, and Toyo MT's and until Toyo does something I don't like I will continue with the Toyo MT, they are a little pricy but seem to be much better than most of the competition. On another note the worst tire I have driven since the army are the Pro Comp Extreme AT's, and they may be the worst tire I have ever driven.

·
"Miss me yet" George Bush
317 Posts
I never hauled to much with them but as far as wear goes they were about a 30-35k tire and I'm kind of hard on them. They are quiet and ride nice, but the traction is rather poor iun mud and they puncture easier than the others I listed.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Pro Comp X-Terrains are very loud. I would never buy another set. When mine wear out, I'm going with BFG A/T's.

·
One of a kind
2,198 Posts
I have hankooks dyna pro atm and have 10,000 miles on them so far and really like them. And they have wore really well so far.

·
Registered
691 Posts
hankooks are good for the money i got 4 37/12.50 for $314ea installed. it may just be me but the 35's i had before these seemed to last longer. i have about 30k on these 37's and they are about done, there at where the 35's were at 40k.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I have Pro Comp Xtreme A/Ts and I have no issues with them. They are louder that BFG A/Ts but I would expect that. Plus there are buy 3 get 1 free right now. Can't beat that.

·
Registered
24 Posts
What about the Kumho MT's all reviews I have read have been good. just havent talked to anybody that has ran them. I ran a set of used Toyo MT's with no tread for 8 months with screws and nails in them and never had a flat....GREAT TIRE! but I can get the Kumho about $125 cheaper per tire just would like to know if anybody knows anything about them.

·
Registered
175 Posts
i have the nitto trail grappler mt 37/12.50 20 and have about 22k on them with plenty of tread left. I don't smoke'em often... unless there's a dodge around at a red light...LOL

·
Registered
22 Posts
I currently have the 38x15.5x18 Kumho road venture mt on my truck,(about 8500 miles on them right now) and will defenitly be buying another set when these wear out. My xj jeep had 33x12.5x15 kumhos that i had about 30xxx miles on them when i upgraded to a bigger tire, and they still looked and performed great. (did have about 2 weeks of tire noise that came from the middle of nowhere, which went away when i rotated them)

By far, my best experience with these tires, are the grip in snow and icy conditions.
Off roading these tires are not bad either, needs wheel speed to keep them clean,
Even on my f350, the tires seem to be wearing great, i do however rotate them religiously

I even convinced my mom to get a set on her jeep, and her hummer and she loves them

·
BrokeAss
841 Posts
Not sure how much it really helps, but I ran the old style kumho mt for 10k miles and even being that the tires were like 8 years old and you would think they would fall apart I didn't notice any wear at all on them.
If the new style is anything like the old durability wise, I would get them.
I think they look horrendous in the small sized though, need at least a 33 12.5 to make em look right.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts