Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever used balancing beads or magnum beads? If so how well did they work? My new to me BFG km2's seem to vibrate pretty bad and took alotta weight to balance.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Use sticky weights the good quality kind and it will most likely go away. Balancing beads have worked well for some people with 35" and smaller tires, anything bigger the beads tend to group up and make the vibration basically a shake. I have 41" x 20 x 14.5 SS Iroks, have been running nothing but sticky weights since 2006 and not 1 issue, with balance beads made it 15km, wobbling so bad you couldn't hang onto the steering wheel.

·
Canadian Eh
675 Posts
Ive got only a 33, beads work great for me. Really good if you drive in muddy or snowy conditons cause they will compensate if there is mud or snow stuck in the rim

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm running a 305 down from 325's...think I may try the beads first dropped the big tires to get some mpg's back.

·
Heath
441 Posts
I have been running dyna beads for 20,000. Only have 285\75's but they run great and are wearing better than any set I have had on the truck

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have Dynaneads in 245x70x19.5's They are a heavy tire, I wouldn't balance them any other way. My tires are perfectly smooth side to side and no cupping. I rotate the outer rears with the fronts and inner rears side to side every spring / fall.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Think I might give em a try!

·
Diesel Sled Head
1,101 Posts
I have the beads in my tires 275 65 20 , they wear great nice and even. Not a huge tire about 33 but I will do them again. Smooth as silk when cruising, sometimes a small vibration getting up to speed.

·
401 Posts
For trucks I am sold on Centramatics. They work.
I have had a problem with my 19.5's since I got the 450. New tires or any balancing didnt help it.
Any truck like this I have will have the Centramatics installed.
Centramatic

·
Registered
486 Posts
X2 on the centramatics!!

·
Busy Busy
9,004 Posts
I will be trying beads this weekend.

I am running a 12" wide tire on a 10" wide rim. I am going to mount my own tires but I fear I will need a cheater tank to do it. How do you guys do that? Maybe install tire, break one side off bead again, insert beads and then reseat?

EDIT: After re-reading, how do you get the beads into a tire that you have to use a cheater tank to get the bead to seat?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think there is an install method through the valve stem.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I'm using Dynabeads in 46" tires. They work very well. I CAN go 75-80 with no vibrations.

My only advice would be to go with slightly more than the recommended amount of beads for your tire size. The only downside is additional cost, but the additional beads just assure you have enough to balance the tire fully when rotating.

·
Heath
441 Posts
I will be trying beads this weekend.

I am running a 12" wide tire on a 10" wide rim. I am going to mount my own tires but I fear I will need a cheater tank to do it. How do you guys do that? Maybe install tire, break one side off bead again, insert beads and then reseat?

EDIT: After re-reading, how do you get the beads into a tire that you have to use a cheater tank to get the bead to seat?

They give you a tube that fits over the valve stem and a squeeze bottle for the beads---its a pain in the ass but worth it

·
Busy Busy
9,004 Posts
I was going to use airsoft pellets.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts