Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I came home last night, I had noticed this on my tire.

This picture was taken this morning and the spot was a little bigger than it was last night. But about 10 minutes ago, I finally got a tire gauge from a friend so I could let the air down to 45 psi, but the spot was gone. It did not look like it was burst and I'm pretty sure it's not leaking air since I poured water over it to check for bubbles. The tire still holds 50 psi.
My question is what could cause that and does this mean that the tire is bad? They're newish tires. Got them last October and have less than 3000 miles on them.

Also, while changing the tire, it seems like the brakes are dragging. How do I go about fixing this?

Thanks

·
Super Hauler!
3,882 Posts
no do not put the tire back on, the belts inside the tire have given way and air got in there, the tire is trash. Most tire companies will warranty that issue though. About your brakes dragging what brakes front or rear and if rear are the drums? Could be a lot of things that make it drag but need a little more info.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry forgot to mention, the front disk brakes.

·
I Like Red Cows
365 Posts
That tires screwed those sometimes develop on cheap tires. We get them occasionally on our stock trailer tires. We drive em till they pop! haha no generally we take em off b.c then that way we have an impact so we don't have to do the whole thing by hand.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
yeh the tires junk... had a buddy with the same situation, ran with the tire and it got hot and blew on the interstate.. have you checked your brake pads and rotors??

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rotor seemed straight. Its just seems that brake pad is rubbing to much on that side.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.