Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Best way to remove double layer limo tint and glue?

Also, best way to remove nightshade from tail lights without hazing the plastic?

Thanks

·
Registered
480 Posts
they make a spray on tint remover for the window tint... Worked great when i did my truck. Left no glue or anything behind

·
StackinChipsLikePringles
3,085 Posts
Straight ammonia. Spray it on the window tint, put a plastic bag over it to keep it from evaporating off and let it soak in for a while. Keep it soaking for a little while and it will come right off.. I am not sure about the nightshade

·
Registered
752 Posts
As for the tail lights.. Try wet sanding with 120 then 240 then 400 the use a buffer and wax to bring the shine back.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Typically buffing plastic is a no no. And your never going to get it shiny with just 400, I would definately go up to 1500. Plastic burns easy when buffing, it can be done you just have to go easy with it otherwise you will be snading the burn marks out and doing it again.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Depends on if you use a serious buffer or a low speed polisher. The low speed would be best but I have done headlights and marker lights with a normal buffer before. Just have to pay attention and take your time

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anyone tried goo gone to get nightshade off tails?

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
they make a spray on tint remover for the window tint... Worked great when i did my truck. Left no glue or anything behind
Any idea what kind or where you got it?

·
Registered
799 Posts
no man don't take the tint off haha.
i got my new truck tinted the same way that one was, only a lot lower brow!

the tailights, you'd be better off buying new ones, instead of trying to take it off. or txt me, i have a set of brand new ones for 08 i might trade ya...

·
Nose picker
426 Posts
Peel the tint off and scrape the glue with a razor blade and use windex as a lubricant.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no man don't take the tint off haha.
i got my new truck tinted the same way that one was, only a lot lower brow!

the tailights, you'd be better off buying new ones, instead of trying to take it off. or txt me, i have a set of brand new ones for 08 i might trade ya...
I would leave the tint on but I have had problems with cops before so I do not need anymore attention. I was thinking that I would maybe take the nightshade off the tails and put a lighter coat on but not sure yet. I will have to think about those new tails you have. I will be in touch.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Peel the tint off and scrape the glue with a razor blade and use windex as a lubricant.
Yea would like to get a steamer for the tint or use heat gun. Probably try out the heat gun and see how that goes

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just grab an edge and peel. Using a heat gun will take longer.
Yea but may not have to scrap as much of the glue sh** off while using the heat gun so may take less time in the end

·
Registered
649 Posts
I use Windex and a razor blade, works great. For some reason the windex seems to take the glue off really easy

·
Registered
134 Posts
Use paint thinner on the night shade.

·
Registered
41 Posts
heat gun (peel while heating) and what glue is left on spray with brake clean and scrape with a razor blade

·
Diesel Huffer
908 Posts
acetone for the the nyteshades, thats how i always removed it before re applying it to tail lights,

·
Registered
205 Posts
brake cleaner/goo gone for the nightshade

1 - 20 of 25 Posts