Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone heard of Tim's turbos?

My brother was talking to him today about a turbo. He asked if I knew anything about him. I guess he does custom turbo work.

Has anyone dealt w/ him?

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have heard they are decent, I use Engineered Diesel they are the new hot turbo shop for the Dmax and Dodge world over on Comp D , they have helped me out big time you should see there cheater turbos LOL clipped wheels custom made covers they got a bada$$ 83mm compressor wheel 2.6 charger.

·
917 Posts
Theyre right down the way from me in Annandale. I have never talked to them myself but one of the local speed shops use him a lot.

·
Cummins Power
3,172 Posts
Sean I looked at that list of turbos. None of them looked the same. I checked the numbers on my boxes and came up blank.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Theyre right down the way from me in Annandale. I have never talked to them myself but one of the local speed shops use him a lot.
I actually called him and he seems pretty cool. Just not sure how much he knows.

Has anyone dealt w/ him?

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have heard they are decent, I use Engineered Diesel they are the new hot turbo shop for the Dmax and Dodge world over on Comp D , they have helped me out big time you should see there cheater turbos LOL clipped wheels custom made covers they got a bada$$ 83mm compressor wheel 2.6 charger.
I looked at their site. They don't have any info on turbos, but the waste gates and flanges look top notch.

I'll give them a call tomorrow.

What did they do for you?

·
Registered
209 Posts
I looked at their site. They don't have any info on turbos, but the waste gates and flanges look top notch.

I'll give them a call tomorrow.

What did they do for you?
they don't list many turbos,since they build each one to your needs, they have done manyfor me my last one is a S480 that has been cut and machined to meet 2.8 rules, they are top notch I know Garrett (pure diesel power ) has switched over to them from turbonetics.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
they don't list many turbos,since they build each one to your needs, they have done manyfor me my last one is a S480 that has been cut and machined to meet 2.8 rules, they are top notch I know Garrett (pure diesel power ) has switched over to them from turbonetics.
I've been talking to Tim today, and he seems to be pretty sharp. I'm probably going to have him build me an S400.

·
Cummins Power
3,172 Posts
:doh: What's to build, unless you do an H2E exhaust housing.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I guess I should have said that I'll have him send me an S400. I went over the sizes with him and he thinks that he's got one in stock.

I called Tommy today, and he says that he needs a part number.

·
Cummins Power
3,172 Posts
I'll look tomorrow and try to find it.

·
Registered
209 Posts
there is alot to build, you wouldn't beleive the amount of gains that can be had by using a custom turbo. the S400's are great chargers but with some love they are amazing. you will never find a off the shelf charger on a #1 winning truck unless he has no competetion or is lieing about his charger.LOL

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
Let us know what you get and how it works Sean! :D

Dave

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Let us know what you get and how it works Sean! :D

Dave
Thanks for the help guys. I'm getting it all sorted out, and w/ luck should have it together next week.

I'll post results. Shouldn't take much to make an improvement.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I talked to Jody at DP Tuner earlier this week and he said he live tuned an s400 recently and was very impressed. It needed some custom work to get it in, but spooled fast and was boosting 48psi with hybrids. Not sure what size hybrids. Larger than 230's. How much work is it to get a properly set up s400 in?

·
Registered
209 Posts
it depends there are alot of choices in the s4 line of chargers , like 4 or 5 compressor covers , a ton of compressor wheel choices , T4 or T6 exhaust housings and a bunch of turbines sizes .

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
Most of them are of similar size as a Garrett GT42.

Dave

1 - 20 of 21 Posts