Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
needs more fuel
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
seen a guy with a 2000 psd the other day. bellowed smoke like there was no tommarow. he said only thing done to was a 6 pos chip and he had the timing adjusted to 19* or something. it blowed so much smoke it would run out of fuel reving it up in park. now i dont want near that much smoke! i just want the power that thing had! it would roast the tires off of it on the highest setting. he said it had stock injectors but it couldnt have! im gonna call the number he gave me to the people who tuned it and see what they can tell me.

·
One Stroke @ a Time
268 Posts
Sounds unlikely that a chip is the only thing he had! The only way to adjust the timing on a PSD is through programming and should ONLY be done by someone who really knows what their doing! It is very easy to melt pistons, valves, turbos, other expensive sh*t if you don't know what your doing! As far as melting the tires, that's torq and any PSD should boil the tires if powerbreaked.

Just my $.02

·
Registered
14,569 Posts
With the right (wrong) tunes, a 2000 can smoke it's ass off. And that guy might have had his tuner turn his timing down or up, but that's the only way.

·
needs more fuel
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys. no being powerbreaked here. from a dead stop WOT this thing would f*cking scoot! didnt have a chance to call today but i will tommarow. how is all the smoke possible with stock injectors?

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
his tuner just through all the fuel in at low boost levels or no boost

·
needs more fuel
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
but it smoked like that untill you let off of it at 100 mph

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
who cares if it smoked?

Sounds like your idol is a real smart guy, he can afford the worlds fastest smoke belching diesel.... cool...

He should invest in a fricken turbo to clean up that smoke.

·
needs more fuel
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im just trying to figure out how he made it that quick. i dont give 2 ####s about all that smoke. apperently the fuel was part of it! that was a reply to the earlier post about no boost or low boost is when it was dumping the fuel

·
One Stroke @ a Time
268 Posts
If its as fast as you're saying and smoking the way you're describing I still say its not stock injectors. They won't smoke like that under load unless there is low boost, and if that's case it wouldn't be fast. I don't know that I've ever met a racer or builder that is willing to tell someone they just met everything they've done to the motor. With enough fuel and air anything is possible. Speed cost money, how fast you wanna go? Call most any of the sponsors on here and they can set you up with a package that will pop the tires and run 11's if that's what you want!

·
needs more fuel
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just want the take off.he had. I couldn't believe he let me.drive it. I thought the tranny was slipping but when we got back there were 2 long a$$ black marks were I.thought it was slipping LOL

·
Caption This
4,259 Posts
What was the phone number he gave you?

·
STILL LEARNING
18,331 Posts
He is blowing smoke up your AZZ. there is no way it has that much power and smoke all the way to 100 with stock sticks

·
OBS Stroker
1,004 Posts
Just another stock old man truck over here. :evil
I wear a flannel checkered coat, and dirty worn out old hat to suck them in too.

·
needs more fuel
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's a number for diesel power in paducah ky. I'll have to dig out the card i wrote it on

1 - 15 of 15 Posts