Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to be doing this a little at a time. When the cab is off i am going to do head studs the master solution kit from mkm customs although i have a egr delete kit all ready so i will see if they can keep that and the black onyx head gaskets. From what i read the oem ford ones are better now And get the heads checked. Also while The cab is off i want to do dozer diesel regulated return. How many people have heard of him or run his return? That's what i plan to do while the cab is off. The next thing i want to do is the tranny is it better off i buy all the pieces and let the tranny guy be me build it? what do i need if i do that? or would i be better off getting it from nadp or suncaost im open to suggestions. Also once i save up again i want to do injectors from warren diesel probably 175s since i pull trailers and a 64mm non vgt turbo from river city diesel and custom tunes from innovative and eventually a tuned 58v ficm from swamps. like i said this will take a while since im not rich. If anyone would like to make a suggestion im open to them and any help thanks!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
I'd let someone such ad napd or suncoast that's familiar with the 5r110 do the build. Cost a little more but worth it IMO. Everything else seems ok be careful when choosing housing and exhaust wheel for that turbo so it's tow friendly and not laggy. Some other cheap insurance would be a coolant filter. If you would like pm me and I can get you some prices on Warren injectors. I run them in my truck and love them. Also I can help set you up with right size injector for your needs.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Rcd 64 is too big if you tow eavy and lots. When will people fugure this out. If you have to tow at 55-65mph or around 1800rpm in overdrive. You'll hate that charger. Don't care where you buy it but 62/65/70 is the largest some 155-165 with 75% nozzles. Nadp trans all the way

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
agree with shawn on the turbo. The 64mm will be too big if you tow especially haveing a big exhaust wheel on it. If you really want a non vgt turbo do like he said or go with the powermax.

·
Registered
646 Posts
NADP Trans all the way, you will not regret that choice, Powermax IMO is the best middle of the road turbo for all-around usage.

·
I Love Work'N On Hot Rods
1,549 Posts
Powermax IMO is the best middle of the road turbo for all-around usage.
:whs:

It drops right in and if you go with larger injectors you can add a batmowheel if necessary to help lower EGTs if you need it.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
36 Posts
head studs, fuel system, oil cooler, egr delete, guages, and i was hearin from someone bout injector rebuild kit?? cheaper and just as good..idk bout it tho. And more ideas are welcome lol

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
Justin, are you on the upstate site? I just posted a huge thread about my headgasket job I'm doing, you can see all the parts I'm putting in over there.

·
bring the chain
1,345 Posts
Im going to be doing this a little at a time. When the cab is off i am going to do head studs the master solution kit from mkm customs although i have a egr delete kit all ready so i will see if they can keep that and the black onyx head gaskets. From what i read the oem ford ones are better now And get the heads checked. Also while The cab is off i want to do dozer diesel regulated return. How many people have heard of him or run his return? That's what i plan to do while the cab is off. The next thing i want to do is the tranny is it better off i buy all the pieces and let the tranny guy be me build it? what do i need if i do that? or would i be better off getting it from nadp or suncaost im open to suggestions. Also once i save up again i want to do injectors from warren diesel probably 175s since i pull trailers and a 64mm non vgt turbo from river city diesel and custom tunes from innovative and eventually a tuned 58v ficm from swamps. like i said this will take a while since im not rich. If anyone would like to make a suggestion im open to them and any help thanks!!!!!!

if they're keeping the delete and black onyx gaskets,then why buy the kit from them? all your buying in the rest of the kit is ford stuff anyway....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts