Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
6.0 money pit
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when is the exact time for connecting rods? or is there a hp number where you realy need to get them? i know a couple of guys, shawn, eric, and matt, have all run over 600 with the stock setup. just wondering if i need to be worrying about bending/cracking them.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
People are running over 650 hp on stuff stuff...

If you plan on BIG hp...buy them...if only going for 600 hp...don't buy them.

If you have an extra $2500-$3200.00 to spend on nothing else...buy a set of rods.

·
Registered
583 Posts
With your new setup Chris if you plan on spraying your truck in the future I would def recommend doing the rods while you have the engine apart. Just good insurance to me.....sure you might not need them according to some people and yes they are expensive but personally I'd rather overkill the bottom end rather than bend or break rods and ventilate the block.

Just my 2c....

·
6.0 money pit
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited by Moderator)
thats what ive heard, i just dont really have all the money to blow right now, and am looking for some safe fuel only numbers. i want to be able to drive this truck or a while with little problems.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
well see what the stock ones can hold this weekend here in pheonix. eric was over 1000 when he busted his. i dont think you will have to worry about it. i was told 850-900 you should probably install some.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
yep i added another stage of nitrous and more fuel. should be fun. i might not push it too hard this weekend but when we are in sac in may i will push it hard. i didnt put my wastegate in so i cant spray it too hard.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts