Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 08 just under a year ago and after about 5 months one of the batteries crapped out and I replaced it with an extra gold series battery I had from advanced auto parts.. now that tax return time is here and ill have some extra cash im thinking about goin out and getting 2 brand new batteries.. does anyone have suggestions on a good set of batteries, ive ran these gold series in my 94 for awhile but ive herd/seen they are kind of hit or miss on a good one, never had ANY luck with optima batteries so those are out of the question. I prolly don't need some over the top battery but If im spending the money on something I like to go above and beyond so I never have to worry about it.. any input is appreciated thanks

·
Registered
351 Posts
Im replacing mine I was thinking Exide AGM65 battery, Im not sure how good they are but I like the 4 year free replacement. $210 each with $10 coupon from vendor and $20 off from exide website.

Not sure about exide tho.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I replaced both of mine 3 years ago with new interstate ones. Ran me $250 for both. Been pretty happy with them.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the input. I was considering the interstates cuz I have always herd good things. as far as optimas, I ran the red tops so maybe that was my problem. ive never herd of exide batteries so ill have to look into those

·
Registered
104 Posts
You might consider the Super Start extreme AGM from Oreillys (made in the USA) if you have those stores in your area. Price/performance ratio seems good and I assume warrantee replacement would be easy if ever needed. At first I tried to buy the Platinum AGM series from Sears, but the salesman wouldn't let me buy it paying cash without giving them my phone number. Possibly the most retarded failed sale I have ever experienced. I walked out and went to Oreillys.

If you want to buy "the best" many people consider XS power car audio batteries to be at the top. The downside to them IMO is that they are MADE IN CHINA while many other AGMs are made here in the USA. I assume getting an XS power warranteed is probably not as easy as walking back into the local Oreillys either.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I only have autozone, advanced auto, interstate, and federated auto parts

·
Registered
87 Posts
We sell Eastern Penn here at the NAPA I work at. Don't get hardly any come backs with either the 75 or 84 month group 65's. They sell them under their NAPA name.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I bought the Autocraft platinum AGM from advance auto parts. Normally 179.99 each, buy them separate and use coupon code "trt30" and you will get $50 off each.
My truck love these new batteries

2005 F350 CCLB FX4

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Ford Motor craft top group 65 batteries are $119-129 each. 84 month warranty or longer. 36 mth free replacement.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i do have a napa around here... always forget about that place, but ill swing in there on my day off and check them out, thanks guys

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I've had to replace two Napa Legend 880 cca batteries.

·
Registered
147 Posts
If you want the absolute best check out Northstar Batteries. They are a dual purpose AGM, so you get high CCA and High Reserve Capacity, which is run-time with the key off. In a group 65 they are 930CCA and 135 min of reserve capacity @25A. They are made in Springfield MO, and come with a 5 year free replacement warranty. If you have a Batteries Plus store near you, they should have them in stock.

If the extreme isn't really what you need, you can't go wrong with an East Penn battery, also at Batteries Plus, like someone mentioned they will brand them for different resellers. But they are US made.

Exide's have really gone down hill over the past few years in my opinion.

Johnson Controls is the other Top 3 battery manufacture, they make all the Interstate's and Optima's, both made in Mexico, not slamming them I know a lot of guys love them, just means something to me to have a USA made product these days.

Oh and I may or may not own a couple Batteries Plus stores!! :D

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
sounds like your the man who would know about his batteries! im not sure if I have a batteries plus store around ill have to look, but I will be sure to look into those northstars thanks!

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
I would just run the baterys you got til the go bad. but that's just me

1 - 16 of 16 Posts