Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I want to change oil in my 6.4 the truck has 106k on it. My question is what kind of oil and weight do you guys recommend? Also should I go synthetic or not also what weight? I know it's wintertime and I live In South west pa. My question is if I would go with a lighter weight oil for wintertime how warm can it get outside before is gotta change the oil back for the summer time? Reason is I don't out that many miles on my truck every day. I work 60 miles round trip to and from work. Let me know you guys suggestions. Also is there any additive you guys add into your oil or just oil? Thanks for your time and help guys.

·
Registered
504 Posts
The 6.4s arent *AS* particular about oil as say the HEUI 6.0s and 7.3s. Any high quality synthetic and motorcraft filters is a good choice. I've ran rotella T6, valvoline extreme premium blue, and motorcraft in mine. All with good Oil analysis results.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok I'll probably run rottella t6 what weight should I run 5w40?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Best place to get T6 is Walmart, some auto parts stores will price match it Wally World is out of stock

·
Chachi
237 Posts
what your owners manual recommends...

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have ran Mobil delvac in all my diesels and been thinking about going to the Mobil delvac synthetic oil. And the best place I found to get oil is rural King. I buy the standard delvac in a 5 gal pail.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm running Amsoil full synth 5/40. PurePower permanent stainless filter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts