Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
It$ only money
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking into buying a Gold Digger tile plow and starting a custom tiling biz. been looking at the gold Diggers with the auto grade. look like a pretty good deal. going to pull with my 9400. its on 710 duals so i think ill def get traction. youtube vids looked easy to pull.
looking for input. thanks guys!

going to get boots to run 4-8 inch tile. that should be everything id need to burry.

·
Premium Member
7,509 Posts
What does a tile plow do?

·
All Talk, No Walk?
2,358 Posts
Digs a trench ~4' deep and lays tile down for drainage. Tiled ground around here you can notice a significant increase in yields. Its a good way to get rid of wet spots, and to drain the sides of hills

·
Bigfoot is an OBS
3,462 Posts
I'd be careful about doing custom tiling, especially if you have a lot of fields that have been tiled before and then changed hands.
From some other forums I've read, some fields drained across a neighbor's field, and the neighbor put in a bunch of new tile, cutting the drains. Obviously that makes a mess of fields, and could ruin neighborly feelings & friendships. As the hired operator, you'd be in the middle of it.

·
It$ only money
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
unlike most tilers, id stop and splice them and fix. nothing makes me madder then seeing someone trenching and hit a tile and not fix it. hell i even fix ones full of mud.

·
If in doubt, tach it out
287 Posts
^ The only problem with that is you dont always know when you hit an old tile.

·
It$ only money
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
true. i realized that with the plow i wont have an open ditch to check into.... i would love to get one of the big chain trenchers, but im not buying a special tractor to run it.

·
If in doubt, tach it out
287 Posts
Usually with a plow, if someone is walking along behind it, they can usually hear the plow rip thru a tile (clay or plastic). Or after a few big rains, you can go look for suck holes, dig them up and repair as needed. Plows are the easiest and quickest way of tiling. Thats all we use except for the big main tiles.

·
It$ only money
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
what do you pull with? assuiming your running a gold digger? i watched on youtube a 9400 that drug a plow, looked like he ran b1 and idled along.. didnt look like it pulled that hard for the job being done.

·
Bigfoot is an OBS
3,462 Posts
didnt look like it pulled that hard for the job being done.
That would depend greatly on the area.
Some nice river bottom with lost of organic matter, yeah, nice & easy.
Some heavy clay & rock Racine county ground, heck no. You better have some serious ponies.

·
Registered
806 Posts
200-250 hp will pull a tile plow all day long... Traction/weight is far more of a problem than hp....

·
If in doubt, tach it out
287 Posts
:whs: traction is what our problem always is.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts