Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Construction Babysitter
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace all of the steering linkage in my truck. Anyone done this lately and have all of the part numbers and a place to get a good deal on the parts?

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
http://www.rockauto.com is a good place to get them. You can also go to Advance Auto, Autozone, O'Reillys, NAPA, etc, etc.. Just buy quality parts the first time around. You can also adjust the backlash in you steering gear box as well. If you need to replace all of your steering parts you might be better off taking it to a shop with an alignment machine and bringing all the parts with you for them to just put on. It would be faster for you that way. I am not discouraging you from doing it your self at all though. It is just that by the time you change everything out it may be so far out of alignment you may not be able to drive it to a shop to get it aligned.

·
Registered
207 Posts

·
Strokin'
113 Posts
I replaced all of mine this last fall. not too hard just try and get everything set back to the way it was when you take it off so you can make it to the alignment shop which you will need to do. I think all my parts were under 200 bucks from bumper to bumper auto parts.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
been there, done that Dave... I could get you hooked up over at Baxters on all premium Moog stuff.

·
JFURNER77
404 Posts
been there, done that Dave... I could get you hooked up over at Baxters on all premium Moog stuff.
:whs: Moog!!
Replacing inners, outers, drag link, adj. sleeves, cost me about $400 +alignment. Anything beefed up over stock 1"O.D. is going to cost more.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts