Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
F250 Black Cloud Edition
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and the wife were on the interstate the other day. Could faintly hear what normally sounds like a exhaust leak. Turned the radio off, and listened. Cruising around 70 mph. Let off, and the tick was consistant, even with the injectors at idle. But soon as soon as i slowed to a stop, the ticking kinda went away. But a could hear what kinda sounds like a hollow lope in the intake. Soon as i touch the gas to go. Everything goes away. NO loss in performance at all. Driving around town all week no issues. Powers great. Back on the interstate today. Cruising around 70, its back same issue. Slowed to stop. Same hollow sound in the intake. Then instantly gone. What gives? Seems like i only get it when i get all settled in cruising on the interstate. Never in town with stop and go. No boost leaks, or exhaust leaks.

·
F250 Black Cloud Edition
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This isnt doing it all the time. Only while up to cruising speeds for a few minutes. Then goes away.

·
F250 Black Cloud Edition
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes. Let off. injectors cut to idle. But i still hear tick. Then after truck idles down at stop. It starts the hollow loping. Touch the gas. All is good.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I have been wondering this for about a month or so now, even posted a video and didnt get a response on what it is.

·
< pissed off pumkin.
1,880 Posts
I have been wondering this for about a month or so now, even posted a video and didnt get a response on what it is.
Does it feel like its on all 8 or does it have a slight miss ? Might be a bent push rod, but most people that drive thier truck right and dont over reve them shouldnt have this problem.

Dan.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Does it feel like its on all 8 or does it have a slight miss ? Might be a bent push rod, but most people that drive thier truck right and dont over reve them shouldnt have this problem.

Dan.
It feels like its on 8 to me. Ive heard two different things " Oh that doesnt sound good" And "all diesels do that" but nobody has knows what it is.
Truck runs fine all the time so I have not dug too deep

1 - 8 of 8 Posts