Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006, my truck just started throwing these 3 codes a couple of months ago, I have changed out the EGR valve and had a scanner check my #5 injector (says its good). The 3 codes always come up at the same time, the truck will run a little rough when cold at about 50mph to 60mph (under 2000rpm). The truck doesn't smoke and drives fine, throws the code when driving slow or stopping.
I have recently started adding fuel additive standyne and oil additive revx.
any ideas?
thanks.

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,255 Posts
How does a scanner check #5 injector specifically? Do you have the Ford IDS scan tool and software? It is the only thing that can run an uncompensated contribution test.

Some scan tools can force the spool valves to operate individually, but that is a far cry from giving an injector a clean bill of health.

P0401 could be a dirty (or bad) IAT2 sensor also.

Anytime the batteries are disconnected, the PCM will throw the P1000 code until the “Drive Cycle” is completed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply,
the mechanic where I work checked the injectors through the ford computer/program at the start up cycle and said they seem to be good. He did not do a contribution test.
My EGR valve is brand new, the one that I replaced I am guessing is still good, I will be putting it in my friends truck to confirm. I haven't replaced the IAT2 sensor, so I will do that and see if it corrects the problem.
My batteries have not been disconnected in several months.
To me it seems weird that I would throw the same 3 codes simultaneously every 2 to 3 hundred miles.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts