Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys a buddies truck the throttle quit working. Throwing a TPS code. Is it the TPS or something un related?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Hey guys a buddies truck the throttle quit working. Throwing a TPS code. Is it the TPS or something un related?
Need a new TPS.. Throttle Position Sensor. You may just need the sensor, but I know others have replaced the entire pedal assembly.

Have a look on Powerstrokeshop.com

What kinda "Binder" do you have?

·
Registered
666 Posts
i had to replace my whole pedal assembly. from ford i think it was like 180 iirc.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
i had to replace my whole pedal assembly. from ford i think it was like 180 iirc.
Yeah, I have seen that, but I also have "heard" on here that others have been lucky enough to get the sensor only. My bet is you will have to buy the entire pedal assembly.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Need a new TPS.. Throttle Position Sensor. You may just need the sensor, but I know others have replaced the entire pedal assembly.

Have a look on Powerstrokeshop.com

What kinda "Binder" do you have?
I have a 67 scout, 66 scout, had a 73 scout, trying to buy a 75 scout lol, and a IH 350 diesel with torque amp. I have an International addiction :doh:

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I have a 67 scout, 66 scout, had a 73 scout, trying to buy a 75 scout lol, and a IH 350 diesel with torque amp. I have an International addiction :doh:
Nice, I have a '70 Scout 800 Aristocrat. Good luck with that TPS assembly. Should be an easy fix.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nice! got any pics? I think my favorite doll up scouts are RCS or commanche's but the Aristocrats are very neat, more of a going to town scout if there ever was such a thing.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
nice! got any pics? I think my favorite doll up scouts are RCS or commanche's but the Aristocrats are very neat, more of a going to town scout if there ever was such a thing.
Here are some pics right after I bought it, '70 Scout 800A. It is in better shape now. Right now I am replacing the springs, spring bushings, body mount bushings, front-end steering parts and the fuel tanks. It runs well for a 40 year old truck. It has a IHC 304 / 4 spd.

I am looking for stock seats, steering wheel and some odds and ends. Any insight into who has what in the scout parts world would be much appreciated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts