Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used one of these throtle booster or adjusters that plug in I'm just looking for a little extra bottom end and off the ling power my truck is a 6spd and throtle is kinda a dog letting the clutch out at dead stop

·
Administrator
8,334 Posts
they are usually just a resister that gets put in place of the intake air temp sensor to make the computer think it is -40 degrees outside.
cost 2 cents to make and sell for $50 to $100 .
in other words, and total rip off and waste of money cause all they do is make you burn more fuel with no power gain.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I've driven quite a few 6 liters with a variety of tricks to give it more oomph down low. Best one I ever saw was a modified non-VGT turbo which basically was set to give max boost way down low. Combined with some injectors, a tune, etc. Pulled like a Belgian draft horse off the line, but you couldn't rev it more than about 2,000 RPM or you would overboost it. It wasn't used for anything other than farm work, so it never got to more than 15 MPH anyway. However, this setup is useless to the majority of folks. It's just not practical.

Most good custom tunes will do a decent job of giving you off the line power. PHP's FICM tune also does a great job adding power. I run the FICM tune myself (I swap between them depending on time of year and if I'm hauling light or heavy) and they all do great off the line.

·
Administrator
32,939 Posts
i used to think accelerator pedal manipulators were a joke but many folks really like them and say they really change up the way the truck behaves of course the actual HP and torque won't change but the

1 - 4 of 4 Posts