Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my truck today! Egr delete, studs, cac, diwnpipes, and new oil cooler! Man I was adamant about new oil cooler because my temps been runnin like 230 while coolant is 195 or so. So I'm thinking while cab off I'm putting on new cooler, and they did.so I get truck and notice right off bat how good it sounds, then checked egts they were lower than ever been, but oil temp still 230. It's new cooler what could cause my temps be so high? Called shop they said has to be bad sencor?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Man I'm starting to think I got sensor messed up! My factory gauges are whacked! The coolant gauge is right, but oil gauge sitting in cold position when mini reading 185. Where id the oil coolant sensor located?

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
if the mini is reading 185, and your ect is about the same, but the guage in the dash is wrong, leads me to believe the guage in the dash is messed up, not the sensor.

the mini should be seeing the same thing the guage is, just the guage is misreading it.

·
StackinChipsLikePringles
3,085 Posts
Where do you have an oil sensor at on the dash? Only two things are Water and Trans

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes Woodboy your rt not the dash gauge that's messed up.i was being stupid thinking oil and coolant on dash. The mini is reading 195 coolant and 230 oil and gets as high as 250 but comes back down normally! They put brand new oil cooler on it this week along with other work. I can't believe a new one would be plugged? I talked to Rudy's about temp an Ben said them temps are fine, but I had them replace oil cooler anyways.. Everything I read though says oil temps around 200.. If its new cooler what else could make temps that high besides the sensor?

·
StackinChipsLikePringles
3,085 Posts
Your Oil temp is 230 normal driving and Ben told you they was fine? Your oil should be anywhere from 4-10 degrees within coolant temp when DD

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes I told Ben the temps, he said as long as it came back Down it was fine..not only did Ben tell me that, the dealer did as well.. None the less I put new cooler on it, still showing same temps. I'm gonna call Ben tues make sure I explained it rt and he understood what I said, see what he says. I really think its sensor, truck running great.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts