Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
I personally have never ran them. But i have some family and friends back in IL, and thats all they use. I took a couple for a ride in my truck, and they liked the tune i was using alot more. Said the power was great and most of all the shifting was spot on also where i have seen alot of rcd tuning have shifting issues.

i am using matts srl tune.

·
loud and long
567 Posts
They suck...go with gearhead

·
Registered
963 Posts
yea my RCD tunes had good power but I received a nice little shift flare from running them. the pedal was weird also. it had very little power and then it just came on. It would sometimes turbo surge when I was at heavy pedal shifting into overdrive. I did race my brothers cummins with their street tune and beat him. He has a tuner too. I just had it on the street tune not even the race tune. Good power but very different from my SRL and innovative tunes.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Matt @ Gearhead, Eric @ Innovative, or Doug @ GoGo are the best tuners for the 6.0.

SRL, Extreme Street, and Dougs race all produce within 10-15 horsepower, all shift about the same. Innovatives is a little smokier during the lag period. Havent had a chance to get dougs race tune yet.

I have a customer in a worktruck on Innovative street knocking 19mpg's ( his claim ) with a CCLB with in bed cabin thing with some tools/equipment.

·
Registered
327 Posts
i average around 17 with a mixed in and out of town driving. When i make a trip to xenia, its about 20 miles south of me, i have got as high as 21 mpg, but thats 55 to 60 mph with a light foot. In town driving mpg isnt very good, 11-13 or so just in town running around

·
546 Posts
I havent ran RCD tunes so i cant really say. But I have only ran [email protected] tunes in my truck and like them a lot great customer service and always have the tunes sent out really quick. I'm waiting on [email protected] to send me tunes so I can see what there like. That reminds me I haven't got them yet guess ill have text him and see where they are.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I havent ran RCD tunes so i cant really say. But I have only ran [email protected] tunes in my truck and like them a lot great customer service and always have the tunes sent out really quick. I'm waiting on [email protected] to send me tunes so I can see what there like. That reminds me I haven't got them yet guess ill have text him and see where they are.
Im at the same position as you, iv only ran matt's tunes, i wanted to try dougs tunes so i contacted him a few weeks ago but still havent seen a tune.

·
546 Posts
Im at the same position as you, iv only ran matt's tunes, i wanted to try dougs tunes so i contacted him a few weeks ago but still havent seen a tune.
Yea I like Matts tunes. But i just got Doug tunes yesterday and shifting is awesome.

i've been trying for months to get tunes from doug.....
Yea didn't you get tunes from him and they weren't the right ones or something ? But you just got to keep at him. I think I would text him every two days, he stays really busy. But I felt like I was being annoying but I figured it would get me my tunes. But he knows his stuff shifting is great.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Yea I like Matts tunes. But i just got Doug tunes yesterday and shifting is awesome.
Do you like Doug's tune better than Matt's tunes? Do you have the SRL and what is the name of Dougs?

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Seriously all, I don't get the whole tune trying stuff. The truck is limited by injectors and turbo. They all basically get them to about the same hp. There is no way by seat of the pants you can tell any difference in power. Only thing you can feel is tranny shifting. If I bought a tune and was not happy with the tune I would just have them send me a new one. There is no way in h3ll I would pay two different tuners to tune a street truck. A competition vechile is a little different. Why are you all so interested in wasting your money?

·
546 Posts
Do you like Doug's tune better than Matt's tunes? Do you have the SRL and what is the name of Dougs?
To be honest i really like both, i bought a trans solenoid from Doug and figured i would run his tunes with it. I like the way it shifts with Dougs tunes and im sure the solenoid made a difference to. But Matt makes a great tune, have never had a problem with any of his tunes. I am still talking with doug to make little adjustments so its tuned the way i like it. An doug has been all ears. Either way you go both great guys to deal with.

·
546 Posts
Seriously all, I don't get the whole tune trying stuff. The truck is limited by injectors and turbo. They all basically get them to about the same hp. There is no way by seat of the pants you can tell any difference in power. Only thing you can feel is tranny shifting. If I bought a tune and was not happy with the tune I would just have them send me a new one. There is no way in h3ll I would pay two different tuners to tune a street truck. A competition vechile is a little different. Why are you all so interested in wasting your money?
Who said that there were no injector upgrades ? Yea all around the same hp but not the same. Different tuners do it different each have their own style some fuel harder than others, some hold out longer rpm, they can adjust vain position making it a deap tone, even a lope if you really want it. There is a lot they can adjust. I can tell a difference when i load up a tune from Matt and a tune from Doug. The sound, the shifting, how hard it fuels down low compared to up top end, how much boost. So i would have to say i can feel a difference in power from the seat. You might not agree but its my money and i want to see what tunes i like best for my truck. Like its been said before each to his own.

·
Registered
182 Posts
wow...you really have no idea do you?

When i went nuts in my Mustang, I followed the crowd and got tunes from a well respected Tuner. Car made wicked power, but was uncontrollable. Pedal feel was unpredictable and driving in 1st gear was nearly impossible
Did 3 different revisions to the tune.
Got tired of the crap and bought tunes from another very respected tuner. Had to get a small revision made, but then my tune was nothing but perfect. It was like driving a stock car...but with a ton more HP than factory. Driveability was perfect. Car didn't make nearly as much HP as the 1st guy, but it was more fun to drive

Tuning is like picking your favorite brand of truck. They each do the same damn thing. But each version is better in some areas than others. No 1 tune is going to dominate them all. You have to sample and figure out which one is for you.
I'm going to get the SRL from Gearheads. then after 1-2 months, I'll get an Innovative.

then I'll compare and see where I'm at and which one makes me happier.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts