Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New guy here and I was wondering what you guys think about this 7.3? Sorry if this is in the wrong section, the forum layout kind of confuses me.

http://boise.craigslist.org/cto/4303358597.html

I am a bit concerned that it needed an engine rebuild at just over 200k. Also, when I asked him if the HPOP had been replaced he said, "No the hpop hasn't been replaced but I'm pretty sure it'll need a molded one cause if you go hard on it, it'll romp occasionally but no cel."

Anyone have any idea what could cause this? I have never heard of a molded hpop, maybe he meant modded? I don't want to get someone elses problems, that's for sure.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

·
STILL LEARNING
18,328 Posts
I am sure the guy was lied to. I couldn't even begin to tell you that amount of mis diagnosed engines that were replace far a bad injector or IDM.

Or the guy he bough it from just lied and said the engine was rebuilt when NOTHING was done

·
Registered
79 Posts
New guy here and I was wondering what you guys think about this 7.3? Sorry if this is in the wrong section, the forum layout kind of confuses me.

http://boise.craigslist.org/cto/4303358597.html

I am a bit concerned that it needed an engine rebuild at just over 200k. Also, when I asked him if the HPOP had been replaced he said, "No the hpop hasn't been replaced but I'm pretty sure it'll need a molded one cause if you go hard on it, it'll romp occasionally but no cel."

Anyone have any idea what could cause this? I have never heard of a molded hpop, maybe he meant modded? I don't want to get someone elses problems, that's for sure.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!
He definitely meant modded. It probably has the stock 15* HPOP with 270K and it's most likely having a hard time keeping up with the stage ones even though you don't necessarily need to upgrade with stage ones.

As far as the rebuild.. my ass. Just stick with 270K. I'd ask about the rebuilt transmission because I just rebuilt mine and it was not easy as all. See if he did it or had someone do it.

It's nice that it has 4.10s but it sucks it's a 250. I think he's asking a bit much but I'm pretty cheap so who knows. Seems pretty solid though.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Always ask for receipts. Don't believe crap until yo usee them.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I think it looks nice but seems a bit spendy for a reg cab f250. I bought mine about a year ago for $5,250 out of salt lake. Mine needed some tlc though. If your in the southern idaho are I would check ksl.com. There are alot of trucks on there to choose from.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts