Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
RubberDuck
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if any one has replaced their drive shaft for an aluminum one and seen an increase in mpg. My thought if it weigh's less then it should take less effort to spin and think this would be true of out tire's and rim's. So just looking for your thoughts and experiences.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I was looking under the new 2011 F-250 6.7L at the stealership and it has an aluminum driveshaft from the factory. Was thinking the same thing as you, as I am all for gaining a little MPG on my pig!

Schmidtty

·
Registered
521 Posts
I wouldn't,with 4.88 and tune I would think if you tried you could rip the stock one up pretty easy.I doubt the differance would be much at all.I would do a Gear vendors or re gear first.JMO

·
(520)465-7971
909 Posts
The gains would be minimal. If you could get one cheap enough, I would do it. But to spend any kind of money on it. You wouldnt see any return. As far as strength, as long as it is built properly, they are plenty strong.

·
Registered
521 Posts
The gains would be minimal. If you could get one cheap enough, I would do it. But to spend any kind of money on it. You wouldnt see any return. As far as strength, as long as it is built properly, they are plenty strong.
A note from a master himself!! Thank you and good to know for the future:D:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts