Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at upgrading my transmission here in the next few months, I have been reading on the web about the different options on transmissions and have just recently found out about NADP Trans.... I haven't not come across many people opinions or thoughts about BD, Suncoast, ATS, NADP, ect... and i was hoping on having some personal opinions on some of these transmissions, and I am more inclined on hearing them from people who have actually had them, not hear say...

I have also noticed though that there is one heck of a line drawn on price when it comes to transmissions... meaning it being 4k or 8k depending on what you get. I will need one to be 800+ rwhp to be safe and not over stress the transmission. with that being said I know where that falls on the side of pricing.... except for one of the above mentioned transmissions.... I would state what one it is, but i dont want any biases on what one you have experiences with...

thanks for the help y'all! you all have been a blessing recently with everything I have had trouble with!

·
Administrator
32,939 Posts
I talked to NADP/NAPC in depth
I didn't like the fact they wouldn't give me a build sheet and their warranty plus border BS

I went with a Ford reman to get me by but check out SamWyse

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I talked to NADP/NAPC in depth
I didn't like the fact they wouldn't give me a build sheet and their warranty plus border BS

I went with a Ford reman to get me by but check out SamWyse
what is their warranty, and what do you mean by border?

·
Administrator
32,939 Posts
they are in canada

look at their website for current warranty duration

I think they have a good product but i got the feeling that they don't think any issue is their fault so they may fix it under warranty and call it goodwill but you're paying a lot of shipping and parking your ride for a few weeks

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@Zmann, ah that is never fun to deal with by any means, and i looked into SamWyse and his are comparable to NADP, and i haven't read anything bad about them, to also add that he is an American company and a heck of a lot closer to Ky. also added into NADP i didnt see any warranty info on the site to be honest.

·
Administrator
32,939 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@corey, what is your thoughts on it?

·
Registered
72 Posts
We do installs also on top of carrying Sam's transmissions. He's honestly probably the best 5R trans builder out there. All his valve bodies and solenoids are flow tested on a Dyno for specific builds. We just need some info from you before the build starts if you decide to go with us.

I know he recently sent a couple 1000hp trans down to PSP Diesel for Art Martinez for his triple turbo shorty.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@[email protected], thats good to hear, it is gonna take some time to get the $$$ rounded up. i see y'all are out of ohio as well so that is about a 5hr drive. now out of curiosity, how much is a job like this running these days? and what all is with his trans (meaning torque converter, ect..) then what the R&R time frame?

Thanks Zack.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I charge $550 for R&R and that includes 5gal of Amsoil.

Trans does include a triple disk billet cover converter.

You can shoot me an email to [email protected] and I can give you the highlights of the builds and pricing. I can't remember exactly off hand.

·
JGman141
859 Posts
Why not go with Andy Warrens transmission? I know that they handled my set up just fine and they are fairly priced.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Why not go with Andy Warrens transmission? I know that they handled my set up just fine and they are fairly priced.
well i have never heard of this guy, tell me about him. i am very new to performance anything to be honest. i just finished up getting my motor the way i want it and it has been a year of research, and i know i dont have a year till the trans goes. but i have had some good conversations/readings about costs and differences between brands.... what i dont understand is the differenced between builds... idk what all the differences are on the internals... i get what the difference is between full roller or not, or 3 clutch vs a 4 clutch plates... but out side of simple things like that... im gone... and i do not understand the benefits of certain upgraded parts vs others.. and thats where i am having trouble getting answers..... im not a guy who picks #### off a list and decides to go with it... i want to know whats going in, where possible wake spots are and what will be best for me and at the best cost i can get it. but it seems to me, no one wants to take the time to explain things to me as to what each different thing means or what i should be looking for in a trans and it is frustrating me.... i got the explanation when it came to injector sizes, gaskets, engine fix kits, egr deletes, turbo differences. but hell when it comes to a built trans with modified internals, they will tell me whats in it, but nothing on a stage 3 vs a stage 4 and importance as to what is upgraded in the 4 vs the 3 and why.... so am all ears if you can show me a build sheet and why you chose that over another.....

·
Big dumb redneck
4,200 Posts
Is Twisted Diesel not still building a 5R? For the longest that was the be all end all in a built trans for these things. Everyone seemed to be buying them.

Andy Warren knows transmissions though, so I'll give him another vote.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i think they are, i just dont know enough about transmission to make a good call as to what i need it for and i am looking for advice... i hear a lot about sam Wyse on here and now warren. sooo i have no clue. i see that wyse has full build sheets while warren has bullet points to them.. but they could both be saying the same info, but i have no clue due to not knowing transmissions lol

·
JGman141
859 Posts
I would just call Andy and see what he thinks you need, I did that when I bought mine. He answered all my questions and told me what I was getting before I bought it.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok i will, a lot of these trans builders i am having to do that, but i tell you what its the fastest way to get answers as well.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Andy Warren does not ship transmissions anymore, he just builds for local guys around the greater Cleveland area and puts together rebuild kits for dealers. Sam used his kits, but also does alot more mods than what even Andy or others do.

As for explaining the benefits, it's pretty straight forward in the build specs. Each stage has more upgraded parts for given horsepower handling capacity and said upgraded parts are an improvement over the factory to handle the power. Not sure exactly what you're looking for in answers, but those are it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts