Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to get more thoughts on this code I received, and whether or not I should do anything about it. I recently bought a travel trailer that weighs in about 9500Lb and bought some PHP tunes for towing (and playing). While pulling the trailer through some long hills on the interstate (hvy tow tune @ at 66-68mph in OD), I registered a p1211 code a couple of times on a 2000 mile trip. I don't seem to get the code when I'm not towing through hills. Truck seems to be running perfectly.

It has been suggested by some others that my HPOP is a little weak or that my injectors are worn out after 169k miles or that it is just programing and I can ignore it. In reading more about this, I bought a scan gauge and recorded some ICP readings during a WOT run in my 80DD program (no trailer). Not sure if this will tell you guys anything helpful, but here is a plot of the results.

ICP Chart

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks!

2003 Excursion 7.3l
PHP Tunes
Intake/Exhaust
Stock injectors (as far as I know)

·
Subject Matter Expert
4,458 Posts
Your injectors are calling for more fuel, thus more oil in the performance programs. Once the pressure drops a certain amount below the desired pressure it will throw a code. If you dont want to change your truck because you think its fine-you don't need to, but an upgraded high pressure oil pump will fix it, and give you some snappier power too.

You can see on the run the DC constantly rises, which means the pump is slowly dropping off in pressure thus making the duty cycle ramp up until about 65 where it usually tapers off on a running truck. A good pressure is high 2000s/3000psi.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Have been seeing this also on my rig. Talked with my mechanic and he said he has seen trucks with the ICP sensor plug full of oil and giving false readings. The sensor on my truck was saturated. Ordered a new one see what happens when I replace it. Might be something to look at.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input. I think I'm going to leave it alone for now and watch the ICP on the next trip with the trailer. I'll check that sensor for oil, too.

·
D66stroke
418 Posts
I know this post is ancient lol, but I had that code pop up on me this morning after drifting through snow on the way to work. I let my truck warm up for about 10 minutes, and was driving for about 2 minutes before I romped on it, and got the CEL and loss of power. Could maybe the pressure have been to high since it was cold as hell and the oil was probably really thick causing higher than normal pressure? Or is my oil pump possibly getting weak with my injectors at 295k miles?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts