Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
<--before leveler & block
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well every morning i start my truck and let it warm up for about 5-7 minutes and since i got the new injectors i have railed on the truck a few times just because of the fun in the new found power i have LOL. Through all of that and about 50/50 town and highway driving i just averaged 19.3mpg hand calculated. Overhead console says 18.3mpg. This is with 285's also. And speedo is reading about 1mph slow.

·
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought my mileage would be higher? Speedo/odo are telling me im going less than i actually am.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
1 mph slow is not exactly a huge dif. Most speedo can be off that much.

·
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no its not much of a difference at all.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Your mileage seems about right. Its good but not to the point you should be looking for something skewing it. A number of guys have pulled down 20 with 238/80 and 35"s. Granted they were driving with a light foot but still it shows what can be done and good tuning helps dramatically once you are chipped. Even chipped my overhead is off about .5 -.75 mpg. It just flipped how it was off from before the chip. The only time it gets off is if I am hitting really hard a good amount of the time but drive normal and its very close and more important consistent. Some tuners screw with TP and some do not. When I want 1/4 throttle I want to press the pedal 1/4.

·
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tp isn't an extremely huge deal dor me. At least it wasn't on my old superduty with the automatic. But it sure is nice to have a smooth pedal with a manual!

·
<--501cc,should b 540 : /
689 Posts
Almost 20mpg, My ATV hardly does that well in 2wd without a stoplight in sight

·
Registered
28 Posts
Your mileage seems about right. Its good but not to the point you should be looking for something skewing it. A number of guys have pulled down 20 with 238/80 and 35"s. Granted they were driving with a light foot but still it shows what can be done and good tuning helps dramatically once you are chipped. Even chipped my overhead is off about .5 -.75 mpg. It just flipped how it was off from before the chip. The only time it gets off is if I am hitting really hard a good amount of the time but drive normal and its very close and more important consistent. Some tuners screw with TP and some do not. When I want 1/4 throttle I want to press the pedal 1/4.
So with my late 99 with the zf6, having to press the throttle down like 1/4 of the way to even notice an RPM movement is not right?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts