Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Watch my video and its obvious what the problem is, what i need to know is whats going to be the best way to fix it, i had the ford blue spring in and it would hold 60psi and drop just like that did, i installed the GDS spring and thats whats in it in the video...

what are my options? filters are 100 miles old and oem fords.

Regulated return?
Fass?
add on pump ie a1000?

·
AKA Charlesrf600
61 Posts
Airdog II maybe may also want to look at swapping out your banjo bolts for the 6.4 ones that cant hurt.

·
1,079 Posts
You need to install another fuel pump in series, or an AD2. Once you do that, go back to the blue spring(if necessary). 80psi is hard on the injector o-rings. After you get stable pressure, then throw a regulated return on if you want.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Wow, thats a lot of drop!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i do have the 6.4 banjos in there, i want to do a RR no matter what, but im thinking it looks like a couple of you have said, replace the pump as it looks like its the piece not keeping up, cause even if i did a rr it wouldnt have the volume to keep it regulated?

·
Registered
861 Posts
mine did that and i needed to change fuel filters

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Still stock sticks i presume from reading your sig? You shouldn't need either of those for a stock truck with tuning.. at least I wouldn't think so. Hmm.. Maybe I should get a fuel pressure gauge LOL

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
stock sticks and dougs race tune my truck will only drop to 46 psi at wot.... it will hold it all day long..... i stretched the spring a lil far when i stretched the stock fpr spring so it sets at 73 psi.... was hoping for more like 65-68 so i guess i can't bitch to much

1 - 13 of 13 Posts