Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
#2 diesel only
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 1997 F-250 and this is what i want to do engine/tranny wise.
The daunting list
Banks Intercooler
D66
Hybrid 238cc 100%
Beans E-fuel
Studs
Adrenaline
Local shops transmission(borrows brothers)
3.73 w/ posi (got 3.55s now and limited slip)

Throw that in the oven for about a year and add a empty ban account and your ready to tear up the road way. :popcorn:

Anyone got suggestions, recomendations, directions, any spices i should add to the recipe? :poke:

·
Registered
391 Posts
I would just do a 6.0 intercooler and save your self some money there and get a h2e or something of its equivalant. And beans tuning would be great
Bryan

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Why the gear change? Sems like you could save some money there and put it towards something better.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I thought he did 467? and true but there are alot higher horse trucks running stock 7.3 or 6.0 intercoolers. I dont think he would have any trouble with the right tuning just my 2 cents
Bryan

·
Noob
1,247 Posts
Thats allot of injector for that turbo, I would take the money from the gear change and get something that will support what those injectors dish it.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Thats allot of injector for that turbo, I would take the money from the gear change and get something that will support what those injectors dish it.
I agree. Skip the gears and do a modded h2e or something.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Sounds alot like my 97 F350 Crew I'm doing right now. I got everything you have on there except i went with a custom H2E from Bean and his dual pump fuel system. I went with Elite's 250 injectors and hypermax's intercooler. Adrenaline HPOP, ARP studs and my shops custom E4OD. I also got 4:30's and Detroit locker for rear and ARB locker for the front. Those came off my 06. I should have it running the first week in April.

·
#2 diesel only
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow, thanks guys.

I forgot the tunes. and The D66 flow 50 less CFM and 10% less air flow than H2E modified. I just did the research on beans website.

The Gears just for the torque-ness, I mainly want a posi or e-locker. 3.73 are just a up in the air kind of thing.

I like the Banks Piping for the intercooler, low profile, clean. Any suggestions on the piping and clean look that will work with the 6.0 or 7.3. Major help wanted in this area.

HP range 450 to 500 at the wheels. But towable (i know it would be hard but the right tuning ive seen it done), and everyday driver...able

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
keep the gears you have and put a true trac in it. then spend the money on something bigger then the D66, that turbo wont like that much fuel.

·
#2 diesel only
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Im with ya joe bob. This is my recipe. I just want help building my truck up, some advise. I was at D&S diesel, awesome powerstroke knowledge shop, and they liked my idea but.........unfortunately for my right foot the said it wouldnt be THAT good of a streetable towable enjoyable everyday driver. "with that much fuel and only one charger you would smoke alot until you got boost......which would be a while.....unless you want us to put twins on it?" he said that last part with a HHHHUUUUGGGGEEEE grin :D

His Suggested List (thats easier on the wallet)
Stage 1s (150cc)
Adrenaline
1.0 housing
intercooler
Trans that will take my foot of course
and custom tunes....

Better idea? Suggestions.
Im looking for the truck that will eat up the redlights, tow the tractor home, drive past the pump a few times, and crusie comfortably without blacking out a highway. In my opinion his suggestions are smarter but mines more fun...:evil

·
#2 diesel only
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I hope no one thinks im stock piled in money and spoiled kid...... I dont play around with the pickups a whole lot. My family has owned diesel before i last drank a cup of diesel. (true story). All we ever did was put a superchip on them, back in the time of a little metal covered gold chip that said superchips was all we had. I just need help on the modding of 7.3L intercoolers and tubing and all that jazz. I know what the motor needs, has, does and stuff but i dont have the knowledge to do all these mods as far as modding a 2nd gen PSD intercooler to fit my truck. Im going with the smaller set up. Any suggestions on that list? Help me our fellas.
Preciate it,
Dylan

·
cattle farmer
1,456 Posts
what he suggested would be a good setup!!

the one you thought up would be pretty sick with a h2e instead of a d66 but kinda hard to keep temps down while towing but you would not be short of hp read where someone did 530 some with 238s with 200% nozzles and a modded h2e...

·
#2 diesel only
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That would be nice to have on tap. Im a big horsepower guy but i want a useful truck. Lacking 4WD, but as useful as a 2WD can get. So im going with his setup, easier on my wallet. :blah:

Anyways, thanks for the input partner. Who did your latter bars?

·
Underfunded
431 Posts
If your turbo isnt large enough pushing all that fuel into it is a waste, not only in a MPG standpoint but power wise too.
Having played enough games with the Ford turbo setup, Id personally spend my money on a custom design, picking turbos off the shelf is kinda a crapshoot, but Id look for one that could easily be compounded; pull a turbo off a 15L truck, youll be fine :rockwoot:
Same goes for e-fuel, them FuelLab pumps are pretty awsome.
Go with the true-trac.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
3,067 Posts
Wow, thanks guys.

I forgot the tunes. and The D66 flow 50 less CFM and 10% less air flow than H2E modified. I just did the research on beans website.

The Gears just for the torque-ness, I mainly want a posi or e-locker. 3.73 are just a up in the air kind of thing.don't let charles see thisLOL

I like the Banks Piping for the intercooler, low profile, clean. Any suggestions on the piping and clean look that will work with the 6.0 or 7.3. Major help wanted in this area.

HP range 450 to 500 at the wheels. But towable (i know it would be hard but the right tuning ive seen it done), and everyday driver...able
You really should look at an H2E set up for your turbo. The D66 on paper may be up to your goals, but in the long run the H2e will be more durable, and I don't think the guys at beans would tell you different, I could be wrong. You will need a fuel system to go with your set up. Skip the gears, what a waste, unless you plan you sled pull only? Get with one of the tuners and tell them what you want and most all of them have hybrids down pat for towability. Just my $.02 good luck!

·
#2 diesel only
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Preciate it guys.
Im not going with the big setup anymore. Its not a SMART way to go. I want the horsepower but I also want a reliable truck as well. Are yall suggesting a H2e with the small setup as well?

Intercooler setups, help me out? Id sure preciate it.

And I will contact Rittenhouse, thanks parnter.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts