Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guy says he doesn't know what's wrong with it. It's an E99 crank no start. What should I look for when I check it out? I have torquepro with some 6.0 PID's loaded and my adapter that I can plug in. More familiar with 6.0's than with 7.3's so any ideas would be helpful.

Also, how do you guys tow your inoperable trucks? This one is a big CCLB dually, my 7000 pound trailer would die under that weight. Are there rental trailers out there that would work?

·
Administrator
8,274 Posts
First off. Check to see if it has a wait to start light. If it doesn't it means the pcm isn't powering up. Next would be check your icp pressure, it has to be above 500 to start. Also check voltage while cranking if it drops below 10v it wont start. If everything checks out it probably a fuel problem.

Depending on how far it is. I would pull the drive shaft and tow it with a rope.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Unless it has a heavy flatbed or something else adding weight, your trailer will handle it. Just barely, but will do it. (If it will physically fit)

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unless it has a heavy flatbed or something else adding weight, your trailer will handle it. Just barely, but will do it. (If it will physically fit)

It's under or just around 7k pounds? My CCLB SRW 6.0 is at 8k with just me and a half tank of diesel when I take it across the dump scales.

·
Administrator
8,461 Posts
also check to see if there is oil in the engine. no oil pressure = no start.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
also check to see if there is oil in the engine. no oil pressure = no start.
Thats a good point, have seen that a couple times. Lol
It's under or just around 7k pounds? My CCLB SRW 6.0 is at 8k with just me and a half tank of diesel when I take it across the dump scales.
Going off some internet curb weights.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Had same issue with my e99 when bought. Mine was bad injector Wear. Not enough clearance under the injectors plates. Shim kit gave temporary fix but ended up replaced injectors.tjis is something usually found after all else tested. Mine would start hot but not cool. Good experience with pensicola diesel. As mentioned, if no Wait to start light you are not getting power to ecm- there's a black diode in under hood relay box that can burn out, had mine more than once by having power tap on wrong fuse under dash.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts