Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking of changing my exhaust from the 5' stacks to the 4" dual out the back with a bully dog craper mufflerwhat do u guys think...The 4" dual should flow nice Right? I am getting a non vgt turbo and i dont want it super loud and the stacks are super loud even compared to my old 5" out the back

What do u guys think 4" duals and muffler will it be to restrictive

·
BRING DA AMBALAMPS
1,951 Posts
no that should't be too restrictive. It will definitely be a lot quieter in the cab than the stacks but I think it will still sound really good and look pretty killer too. search for some exhaust clip vids on the tube to get an idea of sound.

·
Registered
22 Posts
That guy should be shot for putting those ugly stacks on that truck.:eek: What are those chrome garbage cans?

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:whs: Well i did some youtubein and ya i like the 4' duls but i wonder if runing a muffler will raise my egt?

·
Registered
22 Posts

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice. My egts were always the same going from 5" out the back to the 5" stacks but going down the highway man the the stacks are LOUD!!:pointlaugh:

·
Registered
771 Posts
you wont see a difference with or without a muffler performancewise. mine was not bad with a straight pipe and non vgt

·
OBS junkie
8,249 Posts
I noticed about a 50* or so drop going from 5" duals to a 6" single.

·
Attention Whore
5,183 Posts
There's 1000+ HP Cummins trucks running single 4" through a muffler....run what you like...it's not gonna make a difference at ALL.

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I like my duals not sure if its the best for flow but it seams to work well.
There's 1000+ HP Cummins trucks running single 4" through a muffler....run what you like...it's not gonna make a difference at ALL.
Ya i like the way they looked on your ford last year when we were at thetrack...thats kinda what made me like duals on a diesel.

Well i will have my dual exhaust 2marro so we will see how it works out....I already sold the stacks to a buddy and we put them on his truck last night so im exhaustless Its loud as HELL!!!:doh:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts