Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup, you heard right. Once I finish the F550, I will have no need for the CCSB.

Think I should sell it as is(and include body panels) or do the body work

·
Registered
247 Posts
how much more is a non rusted out pickup worth than a rusted heap where you live? how long will the body work take? is the difference enough to cover your time....thats how id decide.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how much more is a non rusted out pickup worth than a rusted heap where you live? how long will the body work take? is the difference enough to cover your time....thats how id decide.
It is perfectly drivable. I am just anal about my stuff. Both wheel wells has blisters. The front fenders have holes big enough to put a finger in and the rad support is pretty rough. I have TX rad support a pair of AZ fenders and a Alabama bed. I was going to ask 12k for the truck as it sits and about 16k with all the body work done and new paint

After all ,it is not every day you see a CCSB w a dana 60 and 5 speed

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You couldn't wait like 2 more years to sell that could you.
What made you wanna keep the 550?
Money invested and the overall usefulness of having a 4wd flatbed dump.

And I dont use the CCSB for anything other than towing my trailer

·
Registered
694 Posts
It is perfectly drivable. I am just anal about my stuff. Both wheel wells has blisters. The front fenders have holes big enough to put a finger in and the rad support is pretty rough. I have TX rad support a pair of AZ fenders and a Alabama bed. I was going to ask 12k for the truck as it sits and about 16k with all the body work done and new paint

After all ,it is not every day you see a CCSB w a dana 60 and 5 speed
I think your more apt to get 12K for a little rust than 16K for non. But I paid $4000 for mine with rust and a lot of dents and some mechanical problems that needed to be fixed.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess. Will have to see after I get the F550 done

·
Registered
247 Posts
12k? how many miles are on it?

·
IH Diesel Power
732 Posts
Man if Only i had 12 grand laying around, Ive wanted that exact truck since i was 12. Almost would consider getting out of the 6.4 to own one. Good Luck with the sale man

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
i know this is a dumb question but you got any videos of that supercharged 460?. i love the idea of supercharging a big brute like that. it like a giant on steroids

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
ok thanks alot i was just wondering. i know it was off topic . but i like both of your trucks they sweet

·
Registered
247 Posts
Is that average price for a pickup like that in your area.....im curious. Not tryin to be a dik but that seems kinda high.

·
I know nothing...
6,115 Posts
It's regional, the same truck in tx is under 10 w/o rust. Where Brad lives his truck almost qualifies as rust free. He may not get $12k today but in April it will sell in the north.

A northern Michigan guy paid me $1500 + $700 shipping for a rusty hulk I paid $500 for in Ks.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Is that average price for a pickup like that in your area.....im curious. Not tryin to be a dik but that seems kinda high.
It is kinda high, But I have yet to see another CCSB w a stick. No less a D60 conversion with a FULLY rebuilt front axle. Gauges, SMF, clutch, rebuilt trans, 4" exhaust, 4 BRAND new 315s on Centerline wheels.

And Joedady is right. In comparison to other trucks around here, mine is pretty clean. and if I paint it, it will be PERFECT.

If It will not sell for 12, I will just keep it. But 1st I have to finish the F550 and make sure it is reliable

·
Registered
345 Posts
Thanks, it looks fine, (even been honest I dont like that paint combo, but its just me); does it has some mods done? or just what are in your signature? And I missunderstood or not, it has some rust?

Thanks again

1 - 20 of 32 Posts