Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Reppin' the 6.4L
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I'm thinking about running Eric's Xtreme Race tune without studs? Does he have specific tunes for trucks without studs? Give me your thoughts, comments, etc!

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Yes, he makes X race safe for stock headbolts, but that is not a guarantee. There is always a chance that your hg's will go, some trucks blow them stock. Mine vents coolant with X race if I do a hard accel with the a/c on.

·
Registered
67 Posts
If you're worried about blowing the HG's, then you really shouldn't be racing. As said above, it could happen stock.

·
Reppin' the 6.4L
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So your saying not to run it??

·
Registered
60 Posts
extreme race is alittle tough for daily driving since the converter locks up might wanna try the extreme street tune instead. I used to keep my truck in that tune everyday and didnt really run into to many problems

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
extreme race is alittle tough for daily driving since the converter locks up might wanna try the extreme street tune instead. I used to keep my truck in that tune everyday and didnt really run into to many problems
I like X race for daily driving, the converter lock-up is great, keeps the rpms and strait-pipe noise down. I actually see 200 degrees less egt's at WOT too...

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have read that the 05-07 are more refined than the 03-04. Has anybody noticed less HG problems on the later models or is it more or less problems with the EGR system?

Nick

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
It's a gamble. I blew mine but I blame it on long wide open runs and sled pulling. I currently run Spartan's competition tune as a daily driver. I just drove from Southern TX back to MN and had no issues

·
Wondering what if
828 Posts
What are the power levels of extreme street and extreme race?

Not associated with the question above. I believe Eric told me there was only about a 5hp gain between the head bolts and studs program.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
What are the power levels of extreme street and extreme race?

Not associated with the question above. I believe Eric told me there was only about a 5hp gain between the head bolts and studs program.
They both make huge power, as far as differences I'm not sure. X race feels so much faster because of the converter lockup. The trucks feels like it pulls so hard in 3rd compared to x street...

·
Wondering what if
828 Posts
They both make huge power, as far as differences I'm not sure. X race feels so much faster because of the converter lockup. The trucks feels like it pulls so hard in 3rd compared to x street...
Thanks, I'll just have to ask Eric when I can afford the SCT.

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
Why not just put studs in, and eliminate this question from your mind?

If you're not willing to do that, then put the tune on and just know that maybe tomorrow you may be doing studs and HG's too anyways.

Dave

1 - 20 of 37 Posts