Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
psdguy97
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinnking about getting me 95 repainted. I'm putting new front fenders on it since they are rusty. Other than that the truck no rust. I'd like to paint the whole thing so it looks fresh again. Where is a good place to get this done? :ford:

·
psdguy97
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone?

·
psdguy97
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No one has painted a truck.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Check with some larger local body shops (dealers,large independants)most collision repair shops won't do all-over refinish but some time a tech may do work at home or they may recomend a shop to you. Check place out where ever you decide. Look for clean place(shows care)ask to see some of their work(not just pics)be sure to get all moldings,handles,bumpers,etc removed. Sorry don't kno any shops up your way. Remember as a general rule you get what you pay for. A $800 paint job isn't gonna be as good as a $3000 job

·
psdguy97
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks dude. :D

·
Registered
574 Posts
To bad your not in AZ. I'd hook you up. Just get quotes and look at some of their work. Good overall will not be cheap if it's done right. Good luck

·
psdguy97
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well the paint on the truck now isn't bad. it probably would just need to be sanded and reclear coated.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
are you in a hurry to get it painted?

easy way is get a phone book,start calling around and see who will do a all over paint job,then go check those shops out.with most shops doing ins work,they tend to stay away from repaints.
if you find a shop that will do it be specific about what you want done.also see what brand materials they will be using.

look around your area for car clubs,truck clubs,and custom car/truck shops they may know a shop or an employee that will do it on the side

you may find a shop that will do it,when they are slow with ins work but it may take them 2-3 months to complete

maybe this will give you some ideas,or help

·
psdguy97
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm not in a hurry. I'm going to start calling around soon.

·
psdguy97
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Anyone know how to get rid of the stupid stripe that runs alond the side of the truck?

·
Registered
601 Posts
I'm thinnking about getting me 95 repainted. I'm putting new front fenders on it since they are rusty. Other than that the truck no rust. I'd like to paint the whole thing so it looks fresh again. Where is a good place to get this done? :ford:
Are you sure there's no other rust? Like on the bedsides over the wheel well? Rear cab corners? Very unusual if not.

What's your budget? Even $3000 doesn't really get you a "I did it right" kind of job these days.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I can't tell from pics but if it is the stripe decal in body line, you can get an"eraser"wheel from an autobody supply store,chuck it up in a drill,be careful and erase away. Wipe off residue with pre cleaning solvant. I stress be careful,can damage paint with it. Also sanding and reclearing is a myth.That don't really work. And no $3000 won't get you custom but between $3000 and $4500 should get you very accecptable factory finish

·
Registered
49 Posts
That will get it down here in TN anyway don't kno what you guys labor rates are up there

·
psdguy97
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Are you sure there's no other rust? Like on the bedsides over the wheel well? Rear cab corners? Very unusual if not.

What's your budget? Even $3000 doesn't really get you a "I did it right" kind of job these days.
I'm putting patch panels on the rear fender well because of rust. Sorry I forgot to mention that.

·
psdguy97
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Anyone have a paint code for ford black?

·
psdguy97
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks. How hard would it be to go from green to black?

·
psdguy97
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm bedlining the jams so I'm not worried about them getting painted.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts