Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
<==Drivin My Boat
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about having my girl friend get me this overhead console for christmas:D. http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_200336003_200336003

Since i only have a standard cab any extra space i can get is welcome, especially a place to put my radio's up and out of the way

they only list it as being for 2000-'05 trucks, is there something different with the sun visors of the 99 trucks that it won't work? Even if i would need to drill holes its not something that i'm afraid to do, i just want to know if the overhead is different enough that it wouldn't work at all.

Thanks

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
Those things are great, I say to go for it.
I'd like to get a set for my truck as well.
It should just bolt right into your 99 without a problem.

·
<==Drivin My Boat
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I sent an e-mail to the guys at pace edwars (manufacturer) asking them about the fitment issues with there not being a model for the 99 superduty trucks. I'm pretty sure there's a model for the gen 1 powerstroke trucks.

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
I sent an e-mail to the guys at pace edwars (manufacturer) asking them about the fitment issues with there not being a model for the 99 superduty trucks. I'm pretty sure there's a model for the gen 1 powerstroke trucks.
I have an IDI though! :D

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
we had them on our mobile maintenance trucks when i was in Wyoming. They are handy, but i personally didnt like them, they take away some visibility and made me hunker down in the seat. To each their own i guess.

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
I've rode in chevys with em & after awhile you don't even notice them. I think for a single cab it's a good idea.

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
They are handy, but i personally didnt like them, they take away some visibility and made me hunker down in the seat. To each their own i guess.
Yep I have a nice grey one I pulled out of the truck I have now, Hit my head on it while doing some mini wheeling. :D

·
Registered
693 Posts
When I drove a single cab F-150 back in high school, I put one of those in it. I put my CB up there along with my CD books. It was nice to have in a single cab however it does look better in the pictures than once it is in your own truck.

About painting it:
One of the bad thing about it is that its covered with some felt like material. This become an issue if scratch some of it off, but you could scrap it all off and paint it what ever color you wanted.

Kenny

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
I can see a lot of stuff flying out in my truck..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts