Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know each and everyone one of us has our own distinct taste when it comes to our trucks:blah: So what are some of the "little DIY" things yall do to your rig(s)?
Heres what i did today...

It was a MAJOR PIA:mad: to tape and cut out the Ford emblem, took every bit of an hour. Then i just hit it with a few coats of VHT Night Shads to give that glossy smoked look. Sorry i didnt take any in-progress pics. What do yall think?

·
Big Sky Groomer Op.
827 Posts
that looks really cool. i used vht on mine as well but my whole logo is black...

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that looks really cool. i used vht on mine as well but my whole logo is black...
Thanks man.
Yeah im aiming for the white truck everything else blacked out look. Ive got the black door handles, stack, tail lights etc..figured the black emblem would fit right in;)

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
if u lived a lil closed id make a suprise visit n help you out... we could pull it off with the first coat or 2 over nite

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I know each and everyone one of us has our own distinct taste when it comes to our trucks:blah: So what are some of the "little DIY" things yall do to your rig(s)?
Heres what i did today...

It was a MAJOR PIA:mad: to tape and cut out the Ford emblem, took every bit of an hour. Then i just hit it with a few coats of VHT Night Shads to give that glossy smoked look. Sorry i didnt take any in-progress pics. What do yall think?
how did you tape it so perfectly?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
if u lived a lil closed id make a suprise visit n help you out... we could pull it off with the first coat or 2 over nite
ahh come on. Throw it in the performance tune and head to Texas:poke:

Ill get the Natty Light. We'll have a "Natty Lining" LOL now theres a commercial for em

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Big Sky Groomer Op.
827 Posts
Thanks man.
Yeah im aiming for the white truck everything else blacked out look. Ive got the black door handles, stack, tail lights etc..figured the black emblem would fit right in;)
thats kinda how mine is... black door handles, grille,tinted tail lights/cab lights, hurculined rockers, black 6inch tip, an black rims all on a white truck.

same reason i did my emblem black as well.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thats kinda how mine is... black door handles, grille,tinted tail lights/cab lights, hurculined rockers, black 6inch tip, an black rims all on a white truck.

same reason i did my emblem black as well.
Yep, the only thing i lack are a nice set of black 18's and finish up linex-ing my rockers and get full replacement front and rear bumpers with a nice fat winch up front:D

·
Big Sky Groomer Op.
827 Posts
Yep, the only thing i lack are a nice set of black 18's and finish up linex-ing my rockers and get full replacement front and rear bumpers with a nice fat winch up front:D
thats the same plan for mine.. all i have left are the bumpers.. just had the black 18s put on..

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
Thats the perks of living in Texas my friend, shorts and flip flops in MarchLOL
thats a long haul for this ol boy... specially for natty.... ill let it slide since ur in college but thats a far cry from budweiser..... maybe ill be down that way some day n the truck n give u a call.... we'll have a few beers n smear some of that black #### on ur truck.. lol

·
Canadian Eh
675 Posts
:eek:fftopic i do some little things like go over wiring under the hood and put in firewall gromets or split loom, or ill just clean the interior. sometimes ill just sit in it recline the seat and listen to some music.

looks sweet BTW

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thats a long haul for this ol boy... specially for natty.... ill let it slide since ur in college but thats a far cry from budweiser..... maybe ill be down that way some day n the truck n give u a call.... we'll have a few beers n smear some of that black #### on ur truck.. lol
Budweiser just makes me call fat chicks. I would hope to have that black chit smeared on my truck by the time you everade your way down south but no tellin with my schedule!

·
Registered
200 Posts
useless blahgarting without pics! post up!

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
:eek:fftopic i do some little things like go over wiring under the hood and put in firewall gromets or split loom, or ill just clean the interior. sometimes ill just sit in it recline the seat and listen to some music.

looks sweet BTW
don't feel bad dude. I pop the hood just to look at 7.3 liters of poowwahh. Well somethin like that.

·
Canadian Eh
675 Posts
I pop the hood just to look at 7.3 liters of poowwahh. Well somethin like that.
i know man, that is always the best thing to do, mine just has a lot of loose wires running around (previous owner was a druggy/ idiot/ hackjob)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts