Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now what are my options. I have my stock tune and all the other tunes saved on my PC.

·
Fasthog.com
1,053 Posts
That sucks man sorry to hear.

Keep your eye out on craigslist. No joke, never know

·
Cab on installer
2,150 Posts
Replace the dashdaq and put your tunes on the card. Your truck still has the tune in it so you can keep driving. This happened to me 2 yrs ago and insurance covered it and no issues with tunes.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies. I guess it at least forces me to do the latest update, have to find the positive in every situation. And yeah I'll be watching Craigslist for sure.

·
Registered
249 Posts
im pretty positive that you still just slide up and pull up like any other mount...

plus hes asking what to do about tuning.
i know what he said i read it before commenting. my solution once he gets a new one is to buy the new rudys mount that molds to the dash end cap its not sticking up in your windsheild anymore like a gps mount.

·
Sponsor w/out Blue name
1,503 Posts
i know what he said i read it before commenting. my solution once he gets a new one is to buy the new rudys mount that molds to the dash end cap its not sticking up in your windsheild anymore like a gps mount.
ok, but im almost positive rudy's mount is the edge mount, dashdaq adapter, molded in the dash.... the edge mount and dashdaq adapter are as easy as sliding up and out and the dashdaq falls off... i have one.

·
Sponsor w/out Blue name
1,503 Posts
i agree guys............ the dashdaq doesn't just slide in the hole... there is a piece that holds it in there.. that piece is the the adapter im talking about.. from what i was told by josh(the guy that has the rudy DD mount) he sent an edge pod in and adapter that they molded into the dash.. in that case it can work like i said..

the link is exactly what im talking about. maybe im wrong.. there has to be a piece to hold it in other than what was shown.. and maybe there is another one other than josh's setup jeff. not trying to fight with you guys.

·
Big Plans
784 Posts
Ya the mold uses the Edge pod, but it has a steel plate behind that the DD screws into so its locked in place, not like the way we secured your DD Eric

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Replacement ordered from Spartan. Now brainstorming a way to mount it that is not easy for a grab and go. Appreciate the input from everyone.

·
NOT AT THE TABLE CARLOS
232 Posts
Sucks to hear, make sure you have the local PD enter the serial number into N.C.I.C. MOST pawn shops have to check that database against anything they buy. The entry and report will help you in recovering your merchandise should you or someone you know spot it.

I usually hang a baseball hat on my set up (edge pod and DD) when I go somewhere shady, which is pretty much everywhere crack heads can lurp to.

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
Replacement ordered from Spartan. Now brainstorming a way to mount it that is not easy for a grab and go. Appreciate the input from everyone.
The new mount from Rudy's is a good option. It would be supper hard for someone to grab and go. There is a thread on it here on the 1st page of the 6.4 Aftermarket section. If I wasn't posting from my phone I would post a link.

Edit - post #11 in this thread has a link to that thread.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I may get that mount later but for now I rigged a way to bolt it above the rear view mirror. Pretty slick for parts I rummaged out of my hoarders bin and high enough with the dark tinted windows it should be hard to spot. Full blown alarm with iphone paging and remote start is going in in 2 weeks. Till then parking it in front of office doors or the garage.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts