Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Lovin the Tuna
8,353 Posts
since i dont own a 6.7 it doesnt matter, but if it was me i would rather have a company tell me there not ready yet for we want to see what all it might do to a truck ,and make sure it can be turned back to stock if warranty work was needed. There is not many peopl;e out there willing to get a voided warranty on a 60 grand truck, not me.
Then dont mod it...

:whs: LOL

·
Registered
8 Posts
Im just going to throw this out there......This isnt the first time spartan has come out and said that something cant be done and then someone else(kem-nutty) has been able to accomplish it very quickly afterwards..I posted a long time ago about a 345 tune that was secretly in the works that i had heard about through the grapevine, asking if it was availble. Spartan immediatly posted saying that 310 extra horse was all he or anyone was going to able to produce. END OF STORY! Then hear comes kem/nutty with a 345 horse tune. And now this! I Thought these guys had worked together on certian things? Why so much of the it cant be done/wont be done, then it happens?? Just curious what everyone else is thinking..

·
Registered
251 Posts
Im just going to throw this out there......This isnt the first time spartan has come out and said that something cant be done and then someone else(kem-nutty) has been able to accomplish it very quickly afterwards..I posted a long time ago about a 345 tune that was secretly in the works that i had heard about through the grapevine, asking if it was availble. Spartan immediatly posted saying that 310 extra horse was all he or anyone was going to able to produce. END OF STORY! Then hear comes kem/nutty with a 345 horse tune. And now this! I Thought these guys had worked together on certian things? Why so much of the it cant be done/wont be done, then it happens?? Just curious what everyone else is thinking..
We did work together but no anymore.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yeah the encryption isnt anything new. Ford discussed that going into production vehicles back in 09 like Kevin said.

I hate to say it but it sounds like more excuses.
:eek:Wow, give me all the excuses you want. I just want something to come out that works. I would just as soon be told every couple months that this is a bugger and we are still working on it. I sure as hell wouldn't be in the game of cracking an encryption system!

·
StackinChipsLikePringles
3,085 Posts
I would rather think that nothing is going to come out and it come out rather than sitting like a legless etheopian waitin on a food drop within arms reach

·
Registered
861 Posts
I am glad to see spartan and ID are communicating with each other, that is a badass combo right there!

·
Registered
4 Posts
SDT,
What about tuning for the Cab and Chassis? I have one and have been told by several people that the turbo and tuning are totally different. Can you shed any light? I would sure appreciate any info. you have. Cannot wait for your release!!!!
Bud Tacker

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
So this is completely different than the MP8 or what ever just changes the rail pressure, correct?
Good on you guys for opening up and being frank!

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
So, not to derail, if someone want's some reliable and simple extra horses, would the MP8 be the way to go? Although we don't know how the transmission will handle extra HP and stuff on these yet, do we?

·
Registered
803 Posts
So, not to derail, if someone want's some reliable and simple extra horses, would the MP8 be the way to go? Although we don't know how the transmission will handle extra HP and stuff on these yet, do we?
Yes, the MP8 will add a few extra horsepower and it's a very simple install. I gained 33rwhp on our truck with it cranked up. We keep them in stock, it's a nice addition for a little extra pep. Every truck is a little different, as to how far you can turn it up. If you feel any hesitation or surging, just turn the knob back a little until it smooths out. On most trucks, we are able to turn it up all the way without any issues.

For those who will be flashing their trucks, we'll have specific programming available for use with the MP8. We do this for the 7.3L, 6.0L, and 6.4L as well. Basically, programs with with adjustments for "stacking" modules or fueling boxes.

·
2Cruel
1,645 Posts
First, I'll refer back to claims made last year, before the 6.7 production trucks were built, that tuners would be prepared and ready virtually on the same time frame as the trucks would be produced. We made these claims, and so did a small handful of others- I can remember personally saying so myself. At this point, I think it's safe to point out that myself and those others are basically getting to "eat crow" on said statements, as we all sit past 6 months of truck production and no flash tuning product on the market.

I think the first thing appropriate to the customers who have been waiting would be to explain why. Despite having what we thought at the time to be everything needed to tune the truck (and on pre-production vehicles, it was, and in previous experience on other vehicles likewise) a curve-ball was thrown in by the manufacturer of the trucks' ECU right before production. A 1024K RSA encryption was installed in the processor to verify the contents of each truck's calibration- rendering the tune file invalid if the encryption isn't recalculated after changes to the ECU's memory- meaning any change in the tuning file, at all. Anyone with experience with computers in general will know that a 1024k encryption is a major stumbling block- those levels of protection were considered military-grade only a year or two back.

Hmmm beleve i brought this exact thing up like 10 months, in this thread, and everyone said i didnt know what i was talking about.

http://powerstrokenation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55195

Had a long talk about the new 6.7 with the "MAN" who is behind most of the domestic tuning in the US this weekend,

Ford has pulled out all stops to try and keep tunners out of the computers on the new 6.7. I commented yeah dodge did that two and he laughed and said i hacked dodges stuff in about 3 hrs. He said the encryption algorythim being used in the new ford 6.7 is similar to that of the high end BMW's and is very sophisticated. He has a 6.7 ecm and has looked at it some, He said in order for someone to reverse engineer the encryption and hack it his current computer (if he could keep it up and running) would take the better part of a year to hack it!!

sooo... with that being said, i think big power on the 6.7 are gonna take a little time, the piggyback modules will be the first things you see, (unless someone was able to sneak out the back door again with some software they werent suppose to have, but i think one platform was lucky, two would be amazing!!

Travis

21 - 39 of 39 Posts