Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably not as unthinkable as many people may think but i am thinking of going from my 8 in lift and 38s to a 4 inch and 35s. Reason being is i have had my 01 F250 7.3 since 2003 so I have had it a while and it has become as my wife would say...."my mistress" haha. Long story short is i will be retiring from the Air Force after 21 years and going back up north to Iowa where 35s will be more reasonable. What is the best riding 4 inch lift nowadays? I HATE the ride i have now, it may be that the suspension has been on there for 15 years or at age 39 i am not like i was at age 25 and feel every bump in the road. I also have it regeared to 4.56s from the stock 3.73s but i will worry about that later. I do need new tires as my 38s are getting pretty worn and i might as well buy 35s instead of 38s...a lot cheaper. So, what is the best riding 4 inch lift out there nowadays?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Aaron

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Kelderman suspension :) 8” is way too much. I like stock height b/c I can actually buy stuff from lowes and put it in the bed. Plus my wife can get in and out no problem!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well my master plan is to do a 8-10 inch kelderman in about 5-10 yrs, by then my truck with a 7.3 will be a classic haha....but.....for now i need something a little more reasonable. My dream is to have a nice Morton building home with a gigantic shop to store the truck and the wife's classic car she wants and only bring them out during the summer. I also want to buy a beater fwd car or older 4x4 to drive in the winter so the truck does not get destroyed buy the salt/brine from the winter roads. For meow i want something a little lower though; i do like you're thinking though.....we think the same.

Aaron

·
Master BS'er
5,931 Posts
​ DieselDC;5928273 said:
Kelderman suspension :) 8” is way too much. I like stock height b/c I can actually buy stuff from lowes and put it in the bed. Plus my wife can get in and out no problem!

Me too. I am not a fan of lifting, and never have been.

·
Administrator
8,278 Posts
What's the budget of the lift?

I'll trade you axles

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Still looking into all of that. Right now I want something that rides nice and smooth....as smooth as a leaf sprung truck will ride at least. I have thought about selling it and my Infiniti to get a newer '12 or up crew cab 6.7 but i just can't pull the trigger on getting rid of my 7.3....and I have had the truck for 15 years so it's kind of grown on me.

·
Administrator
8,278 Posts
Carli suspension has a full blown kit that will make it ride like a car but it's also $7k.

Or you can piece stuff together for cheaper. Bds has a good lift kit.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Carli suspension has a full blown kit that will make it ride like a car but it's also $7k.

Or you can piece stuff together for cheaper. Bds has a good lift kit.

Teach me o great one! No lift - stock height please! How do I piece it together with parts from bds. Dually 2002 :)

8 k is steep and kelderman is 3500 for just the rear:(

·
Administrator
8,278 Posts
If you want no lift. Changing the rear will make the biggest difference. Either Carli or atlas suspension mini packs sill soften them up on a budget. You will loose some capacity though. With the Carli mini packs it has a 2" lift built into them. So either run a f250 block or no block for a reverse level.

Next step would be custom deavers or atlas rear springs in the 11-16 length and move the front hanger forward 8".

I only stated bds because going from an 8" lift to a 4" requires changing the pitman arm, track bar bracket, sway bar end links and such.

·
Master BS'er
5,931 Posts
If you want no lift. Changing the rear will make the biggest difference. Either Carli or atlas suspension mini packs sill soften them up on a budget. You will loose some capacity though. With the Carli mini packs it has a 2" lift built into them. So either run a f250 block or no block for a reverse level.

Next step would be custom deavers or atlas rear springs in the 11-16 length and move the front hanger forward 8".

I only stated bds because going from an 8" lift to a 4" requires changing the pitman arm, track bar bracket, sway bar end links and such.
I guess I don't understand the point, other than cosmetics of course, which is fine by the way.

·
Master BS'er
5,931 Posts
Hey, it's better than slamming and cambering the tires extremely negative. That s*t just looks retarded.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I guess I don't understand the point, other than cosmetics of course, which is fine by the way.

Yeah I’m looking for no lift but better components that will soften the ride a bit. I’m with you on lifts - useless to me but to others they like them which is cool too lol.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts

Thank you will check it out and do more research on the above !

·
Administrator
8,278 Posts
I do want to add that the Carli mini packs say for 05-07. But the rear springs are the same from 99-07.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts